Bullnose Forums

New/Repro YF carburetor for the 300 six

And the desirable non-EGR spacer 🤩

Jon. Seems all of the later Canadian trucks had this spacer. I’ve looked at 80-81 trucks with 300 and EGR, but every time I see an 85-86 they are Non-EGR. Interesting. I’m not sure when the change took place, but the later trucks seem to all be like this.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, it has the unusual Hi Output heater. Didn't notice that at first.

Gary, they seem to be somewhat common up here. I’ve seen quite a few of them lately. This truck was originally sold out west north of Montana, so if there was anywhere that a HO heater was actually required, that would be it lol.

That’s an excellent observation Jim. I believe the pin hole port that connects to the external vacuum barb is the one just below the throttle plate on the OEM carburetor. With so many little differences it does beg the question of what model did they copy exactly? I wonder if it even shares the same internal parts supplied with a general YF rebuild kit?

The seller has asked me for the VIN of the truck, a detailed description of the problem, and a photograph of the carburetor. I now await further instructions from eccpp auto.

I received a message from the seller that I will be refunded the full purchase price (shipping was “free”). No return required. They simply asked for a photo of the item for them to submit to the factory to be able to process their own claim with the manufacturer.

Soooo, I am back to square 1 to get a working carburetor. I also have nothing to loose if I want to open up the ECCPP unit and see if I find anything obviously amiss inside. I will say that my experience with the seller was positive in spite of the issue(s) with the product. It’s not out of the question to order another unit in case I just got a bad one, but I intend to try putting a kit in one of my OEM carburetors first. I need this truck to run right ASAP.

I received a message from the seller that I will be refunded the full purchase price (shipping was “free”). No return required. They simply asked for a photo of the item for them to submit to the factory to be able to process their own claim with the manufacturer.

Soooo, I am back to square 1 to get a working carburetor. I also have nothing to loose if I want to open up the ECCPP unit and see if I find anything obviously amiss inside. I will say that my experience with the seller was positive in spite of the issue(s) with the product. It’s not out of the question to order another unit in case I just got a bad one, but I intend to try putting a kit in one of my OEM carburetors first. I need this truck to run right ASAP.

I'd open it and the OEM one up, side by side, and see what is different. You may find the accelerator pump blown, which will cause an engine to run very rich.

I'd open it and the OEM one up, side by side, and see what is different. You may find the accelerator pump blown, which will cause an engine to run very rich.

Thank you. I will have a look and see what I find. I am still so baffled how it could run well one day and not want to start the next. Do you think carburetor cleaner could have destroyed the accelerator pump?

Thank you. I will have a look and see what I find. I am still so baffled how it could run well one day and not want to start the next. Do you think carburetor cleaner could have destroyed the accelerator pump?

Yes, I think it could. So when you pull it down check that out closely.