Bullnose Forums

vacuum hose size

Battery in my digital calipers died, since I dont have the time at this moment to go pick up or order the coin battery, does anyone know what size the vacuum hoses are on our trucks?

Ive been looking at bulk by the foot rubber vacuum hose with painted stripes on them to color code the vacuum systems but they are all in 5/32" and that seems too small to me. Maybe not for the distributor but for other areas such as the vacuum modulator I think the plastic vacuum manifold on the firewall is closer to 5/16".

I mainly need to know the size for vacuum advance, cruise control, vacuum modulator, charcoal canister evap system and the hot air vacuum motors for the aircleaner. Those are the only systems I will be keeping.

Are you looking for the OD of the plastic lines Rusty, so you can still use the barbed ends of those stubs in the rubber 'joints' and elbows that are already there?

Or do you want individual sizes for things like the advance can, vacuum trees, VCV, and air cleaner?

A few of these

I don't have speed control or an automatic to check, but I do have a good old fashioned dial caliper.

Are you looking for the OD of the plastic lines Rusty, so you can still use the barbed ends of those stubs in the rubber 'joints' and elbows that are already there?

Or do you want individual sizes for things like the advance can, vacuum trees, VCV, and air cleaner?

A few of these

I don't have speed control or an automatic to check, but I do have a good old fashioned dial caliper.

Im planning on boxing up the plastic hardlines since I am gutting majority of the OE emission systems for my custom build. I assume the plastic lines are the same size OD as the OD is of where they connect but I am not sure.

I tried to get a battery for my digital calipers and I had to order them, batteries plus here doesnt carry that button size battery for some strange reason.

I wish I had a mechanical caliper but sadly I use it at work so much and I have to switch between metric and SAE so this was a cheaper option than having one of each.

Im planning on boxing up the plastic hardlines since I am gutting majority of the OE emission systems for my custom build. I assume the plastic lines are the same size OD as the OD is of where they connect but I am not sure.

I tried to get a battery for my digital calipers and I had to order them, batteries plus here doesnt carry that button size battery for some strange reason.

I wish I had a mechanical caliper but sadly I use it at work so much and I have to switch between metric and SAE so this was a cheaper option than having one of each.

How about testing with drill bits?

So, what sizes do you need to know?

No, the plastic line OD I'd not necessarily the same size as what it connects to.

How hard can it be?

What odd size is it?

Usually they are 357/LR44 or 2032.

I've never had a problem at Walgreen/CVS or the jewelry counter at Wal-Mart

So, what sizes do you need to know?

No, the plastic line OD I'd not necessarily the same size as what it connects to.

I guess I am really only looking for the vacuum advance size.

The vacuum modulator I replaced the vacuum hose numerous times till I realized the modulator was leaking causing the hoses to fail. So I believe these hoses have a size on them as they are generic reenforced hose. The cruise control is quite large I know that and I may just keep those hoses even though I would like to put all new hoses to ensure no vacuum leaks. The air cleaner hoses I dont know what sizes they would be considering I am looking at the 84/86 Mustang dual snorkel air cleaner and I havent even ordered that yet, Im waiting to see if the guy will come down a little on the price. I been seeing a lot of auto parts on my watch list actually come up with a 10% to 15% discount offer. I also saw another one going for $120 that didnt sell and was relisted as well, but this one looks like someone used the lid for a ski cause its scuffed up pretty bad and not sure if I could polish it out.

By time I get around to checking the other parts I should have my batteries for my calipers. Should be here tomorrow or monday based off tracking. I just figured it would save me a little time if I could start making my list of hoses.

So far I have the following noted but I dont think I could use them for much.

3 rib vacuum hose with following colored stripes. Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Cyan.

How hard can it be?

What odd size is it?

Usually they are 357/LR44 or 2032.

I've never had a problem at Walgreen/CVS or the jewelry counter at Wal-Mart

Its a 357/LR44 but the local stores didnt have any on hand. I even went to batteries plus as they stock everything, even a Group 29N battery for my 56 Fairlane. But even they didnt have the batteries, it isnt really an odd size its just something that isnt in stock currently at the local stores and batteries plus was the odd one they said they dont carry them which I thought was odd.