Bullnose Forums

What is this?

Jagg82

I guess I am lucky, my hydraulically actuated Kelsey-Hayes controller is adjustable for voltage so I can "tweak" it while driving.

IIRC they only adjusted how much pressure on the pedal was needed before the controller would move.

Now if you found at 1/4 movement the trailer was locking up when empty you could adjust the resister under the hood.

Now load the trailer and move it back and you were good.

Now I don't ever remember it being adjusted with the camp trailer as it was loaded all the time.

On my Dodge with my car trailer and the newer type controller I also have not needed to adjust it loaded or not?

Dave ----

It actually changes how much of the flexible contact goes against the resistor. I didn't take any pictures of it opened up but it has worked well for me on my 1977 F150 and Darth, not too shabby for something I paid $60 for years ago.

It actually changes how much of the flexible contact goes against the resistor. I didn't take any pictures of it opened up but it has worked well for me on my 1977 F150 and Darth, not too shabby for something I paid $60 for years ago.

Yep they worked great till ABS came out and the 2 did not play nice together.

Dave ----