Bullnose Forums

460 requires cranking after sitting

I don't see any dots or #'s on mine. But I can blow through it all three ways, so it isn't clogged. And I'm not going to use it so it is free to a good home. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Great info guys.

Thanks Gary - I appreciate that on both items. Let me see what I find out tonight with blowing through mine.

I am pretty sure mine had a white dot on it but not positive.

Bill - never thought about it before this issue but I can see the benefit of venting outside the air cleaner like that.

Mine didn't have a screen in the separator, it had a "filter" screen in the bowl inlet (try to find one, it took me about 2 weeks to track down a replacement). I never looked for a color dot and have no idea what size orifice it had.

Here is a pretty good shot of the bowl vents on Darth, notice the size and the vacuum operated valves in the lines. They are closed with the engine running and open with it off.

IKR!?

I kept getting sintered brass 'Stones' and not the little thimble screen I wanted.

I'm sure if I dig back into my truck file folder I have the box tab with that part noted, and all crosses available at the time.

IKR!?

I kept getting sintered brass 'Stones' and not the little thimble screen I wanted.

I'm sure if I dig back into my truck file folder I have the box tab with that part noted, and all crosses available at the time.

Friday night I took the separator off and blew it out. The screen inside looked pretty clean but after blowing backwards through it a bit it did seem to allow air through it better.

Put it back on and the handful of times I've started and stopped it the psi dropped to 2 and then after a bit, to 0. I've never really paid much attention before this so I don't know if blowing it out took care of it or if the major psi increase I reported earlier was just a one off and unfortunate coincidence. Will keep an eye on it though.

Haven't done any real testing on the start after soak scenarios but will report back on any findings.