Bullnose Forums

Cab upgrades

Ok, so back to my truck...

I ran into a little more than anticipated (of course! Why not?)

And ended up having to make a couple of framesavers from the old cab mount uppers.

Not much room to work, at all, but this little Horrid Fate lunchbox welder is a champ!

My phone is charging so pics later....

I had to get the right side fixed before I could continue.

And I don't want to go into all the curveballs that entailed.

But I'm back on track and going to finish this insulation, mat and wiring if I have to plug the coffee to stay awake.

For now getting cleaned up and a bite to eat before I get back to it.

Yes, every project has its unexpected revelations, but yours seem to have lots of them. Glad you got it fixed.

Yes, every project has its unexpected revelations, but yours seem to have lots of them. Glad you got it fixed.

Mine have lots because my truck is neglected.

For instance, I couldn't get one of the shifter bolts out in order to install the new mat.

After heating it with a torch and then rounding it completely off I welded a nut over the stump.

This I rounded, and then spun off with a bolt-out in my impact gun.

Then I had to find a copper brake washer so I could once again weld up something to grab a ahold of, without welding it to the stick.

But now I can install the mat. :nabble_smiley_good:

Then the Sub, the radio, the seat and belts.

I'm not going to bother trying to insulate the cowl from the engine bay today.

Jim. Was your dad in the military?

The Army briefly.

Long enough to shoot expert and get differed from deployment to go back to work at Norden, or Barnes, I forget which.

I think in the McCarthy era the spectre of the Soviet Union took precedent over another pair of boots on the ground.

He was probably working on the beryllium mirrors for infrared detecting satellites at that point ('58-'60?)

This way we (U.S.) could detect rocket launches and trajectory burns.

He also had a company 'Cast Optics' that could produce pmma in thick sections and mold lenses.

Perkin-Elmer had a lot of interest, because in the early '60's rockets weren't so powerful and plexi is one third the weight of glass.

The Army briefly.

Long enough to shoot expert and get differed from deployment to go back to work at Norden, or Barnes, I forget which.

I think in the McCarthy era the spectre of the Soviet Union took precedent over another pair of boots on the ground.

He was probably working on the beryllium mirrors for infrared detecting satellites at that point ('58-'60?)

This way we (U.S.) could detect rocket launches and trajectory burns.

He also had a company 'Cast Optics' that could produce pmma in thick sections and mold lenses.

Perkin-Elmer had a lot of interest, because in the early '60's rockets weren't so powerful and plexi is one third the weight of glass.

Oh ok, was just wondering. I have the utmost respect for Military men and woman. And Brutus is a Military truck.

Oh ok, was just wondering. I have the utmost respect for Military men and woman. And Brutus is a Military truck.

I'm trying like heck to figure out this rear speaker plug in my truck.

The EVTM says right channel is db/o and left is pk/lb.

I've got pk/lb, pk/g, g/o and bu/o....

IMG_20200815_135512.thumb.jpg.70be004cd6d4bf65bdce5168a3b8af48.jpg

IMG_20200815_135542.thumb.jpg.d79aeef869fa3d321cf2fce3cc76ad3e.jpg

I'm trying like heck to figure out this rear speaker plug in my truck.

The EVTM says right channel is db/o and left is pk/lb.

I've got pk/lb, pk/g, g/o and bu/o....

It's a darn freaky connector too.

I may have to chop it off and go with bullets or spades.

IMG_20200815_140815.thumb.jpg.dff93927d0cbad49b64ca770d87946cc.jpg

I *promise* I'll add lots of pics to this thread.

I just need to get *something* finished.... 😖

And I'm trying!

The rain quit.

My Haynes manual is no help (really??? :nabble_anim_confused:)

But I look at Gary's '86 EVTM and see that pk/lb is feed on the right and ground on the left... what the Heck Ford!

But there's a splice so I'm going to ohm out the gr/or wire and the one that hits will be the other channel.

Though I can't understand why the EVTM shows right channel to the left side of illustration.

Shouldn't diagrams be as seated (facing forward) in the vehicle?

Anyway with this revelation I'm off to go play in the mud.