Bullnose Forums

Cab upgrades

i'm looking at your sub right now

Ok, i got it, just as i thought. You can do this either of 2 ways. If the your head unit has rca preamp outpouts, simply connect a pair of interconnects to the sub and you are done. If the head unit does not, you will have to power it from the amplifiers in the head unit.

If this is the case. and assumeing the head unit is 4 channel, just connect the front to the your speakers, and rear to the sub. if its anything, let me know. Sorry i haven't been around, but am here now and keep an eye on the post. Looking real good so far

Ok, i got it, just as i thought. You can do this either of 2 ways. If the your head unit has rca preamp outpouts, simply connect a pair of interconnects to the sub and you are done. If the head unit does not, you will have to power it from the amplifiers in the head unit.

If this is the case. and assumeing the head unit is 4 channel, just connect the front to the your speakers, and rear to the sub. if its anything, let me know. Sorry i haven't been around, but am here now and keep an eye on the post. Looking real good so far

I think I'm going to use the RCA's for the sub.

I have the interconnect, but might want to shorten it.

I also have those Alpine 6x9's, the pair of 8" Polks I had in the box behind the seat and whatever speakers are in the doors now. (probably another pair of 6.5"s)

ok, gonna go check it out

I used to have geek friends that made a living at this.

But I don't need 3,000W of Fosgate, a cap the size of a tennis ball can or a second alternator.

I just want some tunes I can BT from the 128G Micro-SD in my phone, and enjoy something louder than the rollover clack of my Zf-5.

Use the front audio out right and left rca connections and power your sub. i wouldn't use the radio's sub output. and power your speakers from the radio.

make sure everything stays in phase, all positives go to positives and all negatives to negatives. if you are unsure about the speaker, do the battery test to make sure, this will eliminate many many headaches