Bullnose Forums

Cab upgrades

I had a Sony vacuum tube tape head recording preamplifier. It was the first generation with vu meters, the year before they used those tube meters. Well when those wonderful engineers at sony put the vu meters in, they still had the 375 volts running through them from the previous model, the only bad thing is you have to adjust them for zero. You place a jewler screwdriver on the pot on the back of the meter to zero it and it throws you across the room. That one hurt bad, i was tasting metal for days

You don't use non-conductive tuner screwdrivers?

Maybe the screws are too small for those glass filled nylon ones???? 🙅

You don't use non-conductive tuner screwdrivers?

Maybe the screws are too small for those glass filled nylon ones???? 🙅

Yes, i have many of them. i was messing around with it and didn't have one handy. the meter was fluctuating like it had a dirty pot, i grabbed something handy to check, zapppppppppppppp Usually on a vu meter this isnt an issue because they dont normally run 375 volts through them, but then again like i said above these are the wonderful people that put the focus right by the high voltage on a TroubleTron

Yes, i have many of them. i was messing around with it and didn't have one handy. the meter was fluctuating like it had a dirty pot, i grabbed something handy to check, zapppppppppppppp Usually on a vu meter this isnt an issue because they dont normally run 375 volts through them, but then again like i said above these are the wonderful people that put the focus right by the high voltage on a TroubleTron

But you know now! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

And aren't likely to forget any time soon (forever)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I very well might turn it to 11!

Not just for Spinal Tap, but Zepplins Black Dog, and Motorhead and... NEED to be loud.

(I wonder how I blew the Polk's to shreds? 😉)

I was listening to Vulgar Display of Power this morning at 50.

I think I need to rethink this "bassinet ". 🤔

I don't always listen to thrash metal in my truck..... but when I do, my neighbors do too! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

George, are you still out there? :nabble_waving_orig: