Bullnose Forums

Cab upgrades

Ok. I'll look and see what I have and let you know.

Jim - I have the rag part of the joint on the left, and the whole joint on the right. Dunno how easy it is to press the right side of the joint off the shaft, but I can do it if you need it.

Any or all of that is yours. Awa the master cylinder(s).

EDIT: Oops, here's the pic:

Rag_Joints.thumb.jpg.b1e98e8b119d921cef18e0e6d383a6f6.jpg

Jim - I have the rag part of the joint on the left, and the whole joint on the right. Dunno how easy it is to press the right side of the joint off the shaft, but I can do it if you need it.

Any or all of that is yours. Awa the master cylinder(s).

EDIT: Oops, here's the pic:

Gary, I don't need the joint, just the spline.

But let me see if this line will fix the brakes...

Sorry, which spline? The one on the left or the one on the right in the pic?

The steering box spline.

Bricknose use a different joint -hence 'rag'- but the box seems the same across generations.

I got shanghaied to form and pour a retaing wall today, so no progress but hopefully my coil of line will show up at the barn.

The steering box spline.

Bricknose use a different joint -hence 'rag'- but the box seems the same across generations.

I got shanghaied to form and pour a retaing wall today, so no progress but hopefully my coil of line will show up at the barn.

There's a tornado warning here in CT and the sky is pea soup green.

Lots of thunder.

This is uncommon in these parts.

But I know enough to tie everything down.

GTG...

The steering box spline.

The boxes are the same for many years. So what you need is the piece on the left in the pic as that's the part that goes onto the splines of the steering box.

I sure hope that storm misses you! Will keep you in my prayers, NOW!

The boxes are the same for many years. So what you need is the piece on the left in the pic as that's the part that goes onto the splines of the steering box.

I sure hope that storm misses you! Will keep you in my prayers, NOW!

There's no way the front is missing us, it's here now.

But the hail is 1" and smaller atm.

We'll see if the shear causes some twisters

The steering box spline.

Jim you are correct re the box, I have a steering box from a 1996 F150 on Darth and it was originally connected to the 1986 column and rag joint.