Bullnose Forums

Cab upgrades

Exactly!

Too good to be believed?

Crutchfield does have these: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_953PRX602/Memphis-Audio-PRX602.html?tp=78072

But the bottom end is 100Hz and at 88DB, they are not very efficient.

Which is why I asked the question....

Kicker has these: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646CC654/Kicker-46CSC654.html

But they're rated higher RMS, and I don't want to be pushing my head unit to drive them.

Also, the efficiency is not great..

Exactly!

Too good to be believed?

Crutchfield does have these: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_953PRX602/Memphis-Audio-PRX602.html?tp=78072

But the bottom end is 100Hz and at 88DB, they are not very efficient.

Which is why I asked the question....

No on the memphis speakers from crutchfield.

they are horribly innificient and require lots of power to drive them and can only handle 50 watts and the frequency response is pretty crappy especially at this price range

No on the memphis speakers from crutchfield.

they are horribly innificient and require lots of power to drive them and can only handle 50 watts and the frequency response is pretty crappy especially at this price range

If you decide to not get the Daytons, Stay with Polk

Jim. you will definately get good fidelity out of those Dayton speakers, and will be very loud. yes you will get decent highs out of them, but you will need a tweeter, these are what is known as a full range speaker. me personally i like them, you may or may not want to add a tweeter to them it really just depends on the environment inside your truck. But you are delving into my relm of spekers here. Me, i would buy them, i've looked at these for the ranchero. The only problem i can forsee is they could possibly be to loud for the sub to keep up, but you do have a balance/fader. If you plan on using the polks as well, i think this is a really good choice. Again, you may or may not want tweeters. If you have seperate trebble controlls on all of your channels, kick the tribble up on the these and you will be fine.

Back in the day when you bought the Cerwin Vega's, yes the Kenwood sounded way better, Cerwin Vega's are very efficient allowing that kenwood to breathe. If you liked that sound, then go with what you picked out.

As far as the spl figure's, 1 watt,1meter and 2.8v are pretty much the same thing, it's just the measurement they used to get the figure and means nothing, either way it still produces the same end result

Thanks for this George!

So it seems like I'm on the right track.

I already have the new Polk's in the doors.

But as I said, I want a rear channel for fill.

So, with these five speakers in a regular cab, and the head unit I linked, you think I will have sound comparable to a modern "premium sound" stock stereo?

I'm not looking to make my ears bleed.

I just want reasonable sound at reasonable cost.

I'm not hard to please. LoL.

Thanks for this George!

So it seems like I'm on the right track.

I already have the new Polk's in the doors.

But as I said, I want a rear channel for fill.

So, with these five speakers in a regular cab, and the head unit I linked, you think I will have sound comparable to a modern "premium sound" stock stereo?

I'm not looking to make my ears bleed.

I just want reasonable sound at reasonable cost.

I'm not hard to please. LoL.

I think it would be a good choice, those or the polks.

this is what i'm putting in Brutus

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB692/Polk-Audio-DB-692.html

So, we have the same door speakers.

You've seen the little Sub, and think the Daytons would provide good 'fill' on the rear channel.

As you see from the Sony spec sheet I have plenty of options on the EQ to balance the system as a whole.

And, as I suspected, the Memphis need a lot more power to drive them and they don't have all the range I want.

George, your advice is very helpful.

Its always best to get a geek talking about their passion. :nabble_smiley_good:

There's SO much to learn!

So, we have the same door speakers.

You've seen the little Sub, and think the Daytons would provide good 'fill' on the rear channel.

As you see from the Sony spec sheet I have plenty of options on the EQ to balance the system as a whole.

And, as I suspected, the Memphis need a lot more power to drive them and they don't have all the range I want.

George, your advice is very helpful.

Its always best to get a geek talking about their passion. :nabble_smiley_good:

There's SO much to learn!

If you get the Daytons, where would they go?

Do you like the sound of the polks and the sub together?

If you get the Daytons, where would they go?

Do you like the sound of the polks and the sub together?

Did you not see the 'behind the seat' box where my rear channel speakers were tattered?

I made a new front for it, because I felt there was no reason to have another pair of 8" speakers if I now have a tiny sub.

But, they will go in a resonant chamber speaker box behind the seat.