Bullnose Forums

Cab upgrades

:nabble_smiley_oh_no:

That sounds like a lot frustration! But, I've been there and had that day. No fun!

Hang in there, tomorrow should be better.

I've come to accept it. :shrug

It's my everyday.

But sometimes, like yesterday, I have to step back and persue something else.

The sun is setting and it's only a drizzle now.

Tomorrow is another day.

I've come to accept it. :shrug

It's my everyday.

But sometimes, like yesterday, I have to step back and persue something else.

The sun is setting and it's only a drizzle now.

Tomorrow is another day.

Today was a beautiful day!

I came out to the truck, opened the door, and discovered water in both sills, up against the door gasket flange. :nabble_smiley_cry:

After having replaced the windshield, going full boat on rust repair and caulking in the cowl and kick panels, I just don't know...

So I took a cue from the rocker repair thread a week or two ago and just drilled them to drain out.

IMG_20200818_193246.thumb.jpg.a5db99ee29673f0b5e94bb5e66114251.jpg

I didn't like the foil insulation showing beneath the seat with my new half-mat, so I sprayed everything with plasti-dip.

IMG_20200818_193253.thumb.jpg.fa388113008ee802253484ffe85bd5c4.jpg

Then, when I was putting the front sway bar back in I managed to twist one of the links off....

IMG_20200818_193307.thumb.jpg.533599d4ca246bd16d3b2a52e3de029e.jpg

I'm really getting tired of this.

I came out to the truck, opened the door, and discovered water in both sills, up against the door gasket flange. :nabble_smiley_cry:

After having replaced the windshield, going full boat on rust repair and caulking in the cowl and kick panels, I just don't know...

So I took a cue from the rocker repair thread a week or two ago and just drilled them to drain out.

I didn't like the foil insulation showing beneath the seat with my new half-mat, so I sprayed everything with plasti-dip.

Then, when I was putting the front sway bar back in I managed to twist one of the links off....

I'm with you Jim, my feet and back are still hurting from doing the manifolds. You're doing a great job, i cant wait to see it when it's done. Hopefully we are doing AC this weekend, but you know how that goes. we were supposed to have that done a month ago

Sorry, never fun when something like that happens. You must have eaten your spinach today.

I know they aren't the solution in every case and won't prevent something like that from happening if there is already a crack or weak spot but I can't say enough good things about a quality set of thread chasers. I used those about as much as my 10mm socket when redoing the 86.

With those links though, a lot of the ones around here are almost rusted through since water/salt/etc settles inside those bushings and goes to town.

If you need one though, I think I have one in the barn.

Let me know how that plasti-dip sets up. I tried the aerosol for the first time a couple weeks ago and am on the fence so will be good to know if it was just my lack of prep or the material I sprayed it on.

Sorry, never fun when something like that happens. You must have eaten your spinach today.

I know they aren't the solution in every case and won't prevent something like that from happening if there is already a crack or weak spot but I can't say enough good things about a quality set of thread chasers. I used those about as much as my 10mm socket when redoing the 86.

With those links though, a lot of the ones around here are almost rusted through since water/salt/etc settles inside those bushings and goes to town.

If you need one though, I think I have one in the barn.

Let me know how that plasti-dip sets up. I tried the aerosol for the first time a couple weeks ago and am on the fence so will be good to know if it was just my lack of prep or the material I sprayed it on.

Ill just get a new pair from Amazon and put the bushings back in the box.

Maybe I can pay them forward to someone else.

But, thank you for your offer *Scott! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Tomorrow I can put the sills back, chase the rear channel speaker wires and replace the seat.

Hopefully the hood now lines up and latches correctly.

I will let you know about the plasti-dip.

I wiped the channels out with lacquer thinner but did nothing to the foil insulation.

Really, REALLY frustrating that after all this I still have water getting into the cab.

Ill just get a new pair from Amazon and put the bushings back in the box.

Maybe I can pay them forward to someone else.

But, thank you for your offer *Scott! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Tomorrow I can put the sills back, chase the rear channel speaker wires and replace the seat.

Hopefully the hood now lines up and latches correctly.

I will let you know about the plasti-dip.

I wiped the channels out with lacquer thinner but did nothing to the foil insulation.

Really, REALLY frustrating that after all this I still have water getting into the cab.

Jim - I think that was Scott, not Jonathan. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, bummer on twisting the link off. But, as Scott said, they rust out. The ones I have from the '95 for BB's D60 front axle are very thin. So I think your plan to buy new ones is the way to go.

Jim - I think that was Scott, not Jonathan. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, bummer on twisting the link off. But, as Scott said, they rust out. The ones I have from the '95 for BB's D60 front axle are very thin. So I think your plan to buy new ones is the way to go.

Ooof, that's embarrassing. :nabble_smiley_blush:

But yes, order placed! :nabble_smiley_good:

I really hope you like that D60 axle, after I pushed you to go that way.

Ooof, that's embarrassing. :nabble_smiley_blush:

But yes, order placed! :nabble_smiley_good:

I really hope you like that D60 axle, after I pushed you to go that way.

I also realize I can't see the holes I drilled, so ill have to get a better pic (perhaps with a contrasting colour underneath) before I screw the sill plates back in.

I also realize I can't see the holes I drilled, so ill have to get a better pic (perhaps with a contrasting colour underneath) before I screw the sill plates back in.

Yes, I couldn't see the screw holes. But I believed you. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Confusing Scott and Jonathan is easy - both really good guys. :nabble_smiley_good: