Bullnose Forums

Cab upgrades

Also, I do understand that:

1) speakers are the same as any resistor. That's why they're rated in ohms.

And how resistors behave in parallel, series or combination.

2) that decibel is a logarithmic scale.

I've been involved in a lot of things like ham radio DX'ng, and tiny transmitters.

So, antenna design and miniscule broadcast wattages I know a little about.

Also I've done a lot of really loud things (rockets, firearms, racing) :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

3) of course speaker input is a wave. How else could an analog device create sound?

You need frequency and amplitude to do that.

4) I don't ever feel stupid. I'm aspergiean, so I'm a font of useless information and minutiae.

People tell me I'm incredibly intelligent, but 95% of the time I'm five years old.

I appreciate you're taking the time. Hopefully I'll be able to help you some day.

Thanks George! :nabble_anim_handshake:

A speakers resistance and a resistor is a completely different thing. if a speaker is rated at 4 ohms, it means it is 4 ohms in a room with no air in it, as soon as air touches the cone it changes, it does not stay constant ever which is why when you go down to 2 ohms it is way to low. On a typical 8 ohm speaker when it is playing, it can go way up and way down in ohms and everywhere between depending on the musical passage being played at any one particular time

A speakers resistance and a resistor is a completely different thing. if a speaker is rated at 4 ohms, it means it is 4 ohms in a room with no air in it, as soon as air touches the cone it changes, it does not stay constant ever which is why when you go down to 2 ohms it is way to low. On a typical 8 ohm speaker when it is playing, it can go way up and way down in ohms and everywhere between depending on the musical passage being played at any one particular time

sure jim, come help me change my manifolds this weekend, LOL. bending over that hood is a killer working on the 300

Im assuming this is coil and not piezo.

I can see that the diaphragm acting against (whatever medium) is going to need current to move.

And this would effect -resistance-

Have you ever worked with sonar or ultrasonic?

My dad was a development engineer on the CUSA cauterizing surgical scalpel.

It never really touches flesh. It kinda parts it like a force field (or Moses)

The laser scalpels on the other hand have absolutely no tactile feedback.

Cooper LaserSonics became a division of Pfizer, and I don't know what happened after that.

It was cool to play with that stuff when I was young.

All the magnatrons and other radar things from Norden as well.

I should have kept up with the electronics (and bought Intel in '76!)

It never really touches flesh. It kinda parts it like a force field (or Moses)

Now that's interesting! Albeit the thought brought up the Pet Sematary achilles tendon scene so could have passed on that but still very interesting :nabble_smiley_beam:

My father worked in a lot of wavelenghts, from sound through light.

Military applications are still classified but plenty of it has spilled over to aviation and medicine, and even consumer products.

While I enjoyed radio and microwave most, there was a lot of stuff happening in my formative years.

My father worked in a lot of wavelenghts, from sound through light.

Military applications are still classified but plenty of it has spilled over to aviation and medicine, and even consumer products.

While I enjoyed radio and microwave most, there was a lot of stuff happening in my formative years.

Ok, so back to my truck...

I ran into a little more than anticipated (of course! Why not?)

And ended up having to make a couple of framesavers from the old cab mount uppers.

Not much room to work, at all, but this little Horrid Fate lunchbox welder is a champ!

My phone is charging so pics later....

I had to get the right side fixed before I could continue.

And I don't want to go into all the curveballs that entailed.

But I'm back on track and going to finish this insulation, mat and wiring if I have to plug the coffee to stay awake.

For now getting cleaned up and a bite to eat before I get back to it.

Ok, so back to my truck...

I ran into a little more than anticipated (of course! Why not?)

And ended up having to make a couple of framesavers from the old cab mount uppers.

Not much room to work, at all, but this little Horrid Fate lunchbox welder is a champ!

My phone is charging so pics later....

I had to get the right side fixed before I could continue.

And I don't want to go into all the curveballs that entailed.

But I'm back on track and going to finish this insulation, mat and wiring if I have to plug the coffee to stay awake.

For now getting cleaned up and a bite to eat before I get back to it.

Cool deal Jim. Good luck. we got thrown a bunch of curve balls here too, were hoping to have the truck somewhat put back together by now, but the manifold had to rear its ugly head so to speak, but then again, glad it happened now before we put all the ac stuff in to be in the way

Cool deal Jim. Good luck. we got thrown a bunch of curve balls here too, were hoping to have the truck somewhat put back together by now, but the manifold had to rear its ugly head so to speak, but then again, glad it happened now before we put all the ac stuff in to be in the way

Jim. Was your dad in the military?