Bullnose Forums

R134a adapter and ICE 32 question.

Yea i went totally brand new on everything. Being the hoses are available for the trucks, i really dont see any reason why people are re-using the old hoses with the r12 fittings

I was already way over budget on my build and would have reused the R12 hoses.

I had no choice on the 2 compressor hoses as my 81 came with a York compressor and I was using an 84> Sanden compressor so the R12 hoses would not fit.

As it was I did have to reuse 1 because the new one I got had a wrong end and would not fit my system.

BTW the new high side hose for an 84 truck did not have the right fitting for my R134A gauges so I don't know what year hoses you went with but if it was for our year trucks I think all the hoses would be for R12 and not R134A.

Dave ----

my new hoses have 134a fittings, or at least thats what it says. i will look at them and check. I understand you have to do what you have to do and i was way over budget myself but i just didn't trust the hoses

my new hoses have 134a fittings, or at least thats what it says. i will look at them and check. I understand you have to do what you have to do and i was way over budget myself but i just didn't trust the hoses

I was told when I bought my parts truck the AC system worked and held psi but when they pulled the motor it hit the condenser and crushed some of the tubes and would not pass air when I tested it.

I also did not have all the York compressor brackets, went with motor before I got the truck, and why I went with the Sanden compressor other wise I would have kept the York system & hoses as it held psi.

Dave ----

I went all new too and I wondered when I bought the hoses what fittings they would have since they were listed for an '84. Though the hose material is rated for R134a my hoses came with fittings for R12.

Mark