Bullnose Forums

May need an intake on the cheap

I had to order another exhaust manifold, now it looks like i might need an intake. a bolt broke off and when tried to drill and put an easy out, the easy out broke. my friend suggestid i put it on a drill press. I duno. I do have a friend at a machine shop, i'm going ot talk to him tomorrow.

but just to get my ducks in a row. I'm looking for an intake on the cheap. If anybody out there has one they'd like to sell, please let me know.

thanks

George

.Not quite as hard as a broken tap, but I don't think you will ever drill it out

If you have the manifold in hand you can have the Ez-Out EDM'd away or perhaps a welder can weld through a nut, so you have purchase to back the broken bolt out..

The extreme heat of welding often vaporizes the corrosion locking it in place.

If all is lost are you looking for a stock intake?

Offy-C, Clifford???

.Not quite as hard as a broken tap, but I don't think you will ever drill it out

If you have the manifold in hand you can have the Ez-Out EDM'd away or perhaps a welder can weld through a nut, so you have purchase to back the broken bolt out..

The extreme heat of welding often vaporizes the corrosion locking it in place.

If all is lost are you looking for a stock intake?

Offy-C, Clifford???

yes just a stock intake. i'm going to talk to a welder today

Jim. I just bought one off ebay, from the same seller as the exhaust manifold. I decided screw it, better just buy new. Brutus is going to be our daily driver and i need him right.

Sometimes that's a lot easier (and cheaper in the long run) than running around trying to find a competent shop that isn't booked months in advance.

Sometimes that's a lot easier (and cheaper in the long run) than running around trying to find a competent shop that isn't booked months in advance.

Yea not only that Jim, there is a kind of sense of urgency here. our daily driver, a 95 crown vic. Needs so much front end work is getting dangerous to drive and isnt worth ( right now ) investing the money. it needs to be parked. All this stuff keeps coming up with Brutus, but to be honest, i cant complain, Brutus is old and he's been a good truck

Yea not only that Jim, there is a kind of sense of urgency here. our daily driver, a 95 crown vic. Needs so much front end work is getting dangerous to drive and isnt worth ( right now ) investing the money. it needs to be parked. All this stuff keeps coming up with Brutus, but to be honest, i cant complain, Brutus is old and he's been a good truck

i do need to know this, if you know. the 3 bolts that connect the intake and the exhaust manifolds. is there anything special about them or can i just get grade 8 bolts from the hardware store

My truck is a combination of your Vic and your F.

Not necessarily the positive parts...... :nabble_smiley_hurt:

No need for grade-8.

In fact the higher carbon and extreme work hardening tend to make a bolt that's more likely to rust, and deeper rust than normal.

The stress is not great.

You would probably be better off with grade 5.

I use stainless bolts on my exhaust manifolds (yes, I know this is the heated floor between manifolds)

So happy to have no corrosion and fully formed heads for wrenching on.

My truck is a combination of your Vic and your F.

Not necessarily the positive parts...... :nabble_smiley_hurt:

No need for grade-8.

In fact the higher carbon and extreme work hardening tend to make a bolt that's more likely to rust, and deeper rust than normal.

The stress is not great.

You would probably be better off with grade 5.

I use stainless bolts on my exhaust manifolds (yes, I know this is the heated floor between manifolds)

So happy to have no corrosion and fully formed heads for wrenching on.

I'm thinking the same thing