Bullnose Forums

Just Got My New DVOM

Bruno2

I purchased the coolest Digital Volt Meter. It is a Fluke 233.

https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-233-Remote-Display-Multimeter/dp/B002X7ZX00

Fluke makes a 233A which is designated for automotive use. I do a lot of residential diagnosis with my meters so I didnt want one more geared towards automotive because I have always been able to use a regular DVOM to trouble shoot or diagnose anything in the realm of automotive. I didnt look to see exactly what the differences were between the two, but I know I just wanted the regular 233.

Having a remote display I can load test batteries from the driver's seat or go to a load center and turn off breakers until I find the one my meter was hooked to. Really a cool tool!

That is a great meter. The Fluke stuff is very nice.

I couldn't have a garage/toolbox without digital multi~meters. Mine is not a Fluke, but I do use it all the time, for automotive, for home use, and once in a while for work stuff.

I was just using my TES clamp meter yesterday to check the load on my little generator. Power was out for almost 24hrs, and I like to keep an eye on the amps so I don't overload it.

• 1 year later...

That is nice! If I decide I want to replace my Fluke 75 (free) I might look into that.

Speaking of 'Fluke 75'...my Meterman 33XR STB yesterday while trying to un-$@? some 3-way switches.

The Fluke was called up from reserves and performed like the champ he was, 40odd year's ago.

15664688048424446158484231531194.thumb.jpg.6d80295335dcfddef868bc3e8086cf28.jpg

Speaking of 'Fluke 75'...my Meterman 33XR STB yesterday while trying to un-$@? some 3-way switches.

The Fluke was called up from reserves and performed like the champ he was, 40odd year's ago.

My Craftsman just won't die, so I haven't found the justification for a Fluke. But that's what I'll buy when/if the time comes. :nabble_smiley_good:

My Craftsman just won't die, so I haven't found the justification for a Fluke. But that's what I'll buy when/if the time comes. :nabble_smiley_good:

The Fluke is over 40, and my Simpson in it's '60's. :nabble_smiley_scared:

The Meterman is probably 15 or so.

But it isn't DEAD, dead.

All the scales work.

Maybe it just needs a new set of leads or something.

The Fluke is over 40, and my Simpson in it's '60's. :nabble_smiley_scared:

The Meterman is probably 15 or so.

But it isn't DEAD, dead.

All the scales work.

Maybe it just needs a new set of leads or something.

And the Simpson has an actual needle, with a mirror behind it, that lets you see changes in the reading. Those were the days, my friend. We thought they'd never end.

Fluke makes a 233A which is designated for automotive use. ... I didnt look to see exactly what the differences were between the two...
The A comes with accessories. The meter is the same.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009TC8YYY

And the Simpson has an actual needle, with a mirror behind it, that lets you see changes in the reading.
My BluePoint has a high-speed bar graph under the big digital display that works like a needle, but with the benefits of being a high-resistance digital meter. It's lost in the glare in this pic, but this is the meter:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/825495/thumbnail/cont6.jpg