Bullnose Forums

New chick

DDupree79

Hello from Texas. I recently purchased a 1983 F-250 5.8L V8 with 36,000 original miles. It has been parked since 2003, but my dad is going through it now, figuring out what needs to be done. We are very much a Ford family, as he has driven Fords all of my life. I've included a photo of him with the truck, which makes him look short even though he's 6'9.

This will be my second Ford. The first was a 2001 Escape. I think this bad boy is more my style, though. Anyway, I may pop in from time to time with some questions.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Danielle

117129112_5020812647943850_8097283224289783891_n.thumb.jpg.7a757f5cc3ea3b748c638fd4776e7227.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Danielle! :nabble_waving_orig:

We're here to help if we can.

There certainly are plenty of answers available in the documentation

Six foot nine!?!? 😲

Everything's bigger in Texas....

Hope you enjoy your 'new to you' truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

With only 36k that thing isn't even broken in yet.

Six foot nine!?!? 😲

Everything's bigger in Texas....

Ha! First thought I had as well!

I don't feel small very often, but I certainly do around guys that are 6ft 9...lol.

Welcome aboard new chick. This is the place to be for Bullnose truck info.

Danielle - Welcome! Glad you joined, and hope you'll do more than "pop in from time to time". We are a community, even though we live in 12 different countries at the moment.

Speaking of where we live, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and would love to put you on it if we had a town/zip. (No addresses as we don't want people looking us up.)

Also, don't miss that we have a virtual truck show going on. You can read about it at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show, but it is open to all members. Just write up your truck, similarly to the way the others have, and send that and pics &/or videos to me via email and I'll add you.

Speaking of where we live, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and would love to put you on it if we had a town/zip. (No addresses as we don't want people looking us up.)

Also, don't miss that we have a virtual truck show going on. You can read about it at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show, but it is open to all members.

Thanks for having me. I live out in the country, near Atlanta, Texas. ZIP is 75551. I'll check out the virtual truck show. I might list some of my dad's Fords if that's OK. I think he has about six ... hard to keep up as they seem to multiply when you aren't looking.

I don't feel small very often, but I certainly do around guys that are 6ft 9...lol.

Thanks for the welcome!

On my mom's side of the family, I'm taller than most of the men. On my dad's side, I'm shorter than all but one of the women. I tower over most of my friends, but my dad still calls me short. I told him he should have done a better job.

Also, don't miss that we have a virtual truck show going on. You can read about it at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show, but it is open to all members.

Thanks for having me. I live out in the country, near Atlanta, Texas. ZIP is 75551. I'll check out the virtual truck show. I might list some of my dad's Fords if that's OK. I think he has about six ... hard to keep up as they seem to multiply when you aren't looking.

Sounds like your dad's got you well covered. :nabble_smiley_cool:

If they keep multiplying, Lord knows what those trucks are doing out back of the barn.

Maybe you could convince him to create his own profile and enter some of his trucks?

I'm sure a lot of us are his age.