Bullnose Forums

Wiring mods on Brutus

I'm still in VT and it's still in the box back in Connecticut.

I do remember thinking about how it would work together, but that was months ago before everything got upended.

I'll have to get back to you.

And, thank you for your help! :nabble_anim_handshake:

all i really need to know is, does the sub have a right and left input?

It has a choice of line in or RCA jacks.

I just got back down.

Let me unpack and I'll go to the barn and take a pic of all the parts I have collected.

Ok, here's some pics of all the stuff I have to hook it up.

The 'sub' sub has a molex type plug for all inputs and also right and left channels that are banana jack or RCA, IDK.

IMG_20200807_202453.jpg.b691e8e5e66a2e3fb02639a52b2651a0.jpg

IMG_20200807_202535.jpg.e3ac87ad2611af41b68da80226bb0b3e.jpg

IMG_20200807_205055.thumb.jpg.038e81515b94958119ec3fccc2e3b3f9.jpg

IMG_20200807_205448.thumb.jpg.6bdb1efd41a99b59d40b3041d0071e2d.jpg

IMG_20200807_205508.thumb.jpg.22f98f16576a4935a5665dfa0957e055.jpg

Steve, you always cary a spare anyway, didnt duraspark teach us that in the 70's

A tfi module has alot of electronics in it and they get hot, heat is electronics enemy. So what does ford do? Listen to Mazda and put on the hottest part of the engine other then the exhaust.

While i made my own. I gutted a tfi module and soldered wires to each pin and then ran wires to a heat sink that had the tfi module mounted on it. I made the connector on the tfi module out of pc7. I just took terminals and stuck them in pc7 and then filed it down so it looked nicier and it fit.

they do have relocation harness's on the internet with everything you need. and we will be buying another tfi module to keep in the gloove box so you can just plug it in should this remote tfi module fail ( probably in 3 lanes of traffic with 18 wheelers going by 75 mph) so at least you have plug and play to get you home. Although i dont forsee any issues really, it runs very cool on the heat sink. and these modules were built to withstand alot of heat, but not a distributer for goodness sake.

here is a link for a relocation kit make sure you get the right one, some tfi modules have only 1 connector others have 2.

http://www.mccullyracingmotors.com/index_files/tfikits.htm

if you need any other help, feel free to ask

On one ocation that the TFI module went out I was in lo range, crawling up a canyon to get the elk I had harvested, in the middle of nowhere in the Little Greys River area north of Alton Wyoming. the other time was on Hwy 17 just short of the Sunset Point rest area at 75 mph after pulling the mountain from Black Canyon City.

thanks for the heads up on the remote kits, I just ordered one.

On one ocation that the TFI module went out I was in lo range, crawling up a canyon to get the elk I had harvested, in the middle of nowhere in the Little Greys River area north of Alton Wyoming. the other time was on Hwy 17 just short of the Sunset Point rest area at 75 mph after pulling the mountain from Black Canyon City.

thanks for the heads up on the remote kits, I just ordered one.

Cool (literally)

It should make a huge difference in the life expectancy of your TFI.. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the dome light delay module I dont know if you know this but theres a module already offered that does the same thing been out for a good 8 years or so now and under $50 for it.

Im looking at getting one for myself, I actually used them at work before, its a 10 second delay when you close the door but if you turn the ignition on the lights fade out and the delay is bypassed.

Ok, here's some pics of all the stuff I have to hook it up.

The 'sub' sub has a molex type plug for all inputs and also right and left channels that are banana jack or RCA, IDK.

Thats the powered amp sub right?

Im curious what you think of it, I been thinking of getting it for my old AM/FM Stereo unit to splice into to get a bit more bass.

Thats the powered amp sub right?

Im curious what you think of it, I been thinking of getting it for my old AM/FM Stereo unit to splice into to get a bit more bass.

Rusty; yes i know they are available, the truck came with delay dome light that only last for about 10 seconds or so. we wanted a longer time so he built the module with spare parts running around the shop.

Cool (literally)

It should make a huge difference in the life expectancy of your TFI.. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim; not much going to happen with brutus tomorrow. I found out what most of my exhaust problem was. a busted manifold. it's cracked in many places and where the intake mounts to it, the bolts were literally broken off so i ordered a new manifold.

ill get in the truck and take pics tomorrow and give you an idea of what to do

george

Jim; not much going to happen with brutus tomorrow. I found out what most of my exhaust problem was. a busted manifold. it's cracked in many places and where the intake mounts to it, the bolts were literally broken off so i ordered a new manifold.

ill get in the truck and take pics tomorrow and give you an idea of what to do

george

i have those polk speakers in the doors of the ranchero. Love them