Bullnose Forums

Outing For Big Blue or Blue?

I hear there are these things made of tanned animal hide to protect the hide of your hands.

I usually keep a pair on the floor of my truck between the sticks

Big Blue is a fancy truck and he has door pockets, which house at least one if not two pair of those tanned-hides. But his driver isn't smart enough to know when to don them. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Well Li'l Red is a bare bones. 'Custom' so we don't have any of those fancy amenities. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

But, gloves .. we have!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol!

No more wear than the rest of her. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Got a bit done towards the trip. Pulled the winch, auxiliary battery, and associated wiring off Big Blue. And I installed the winch on the trailer and plugged the cable into it that'll connect to the battery. And speaking of the battery, it is on the trickle charger so it'll be hot.

Charged up the air tank and will also take a small AC-powered compressor just in case.

Got the ratchet straps, chains, and boomers out of Big Blue and put them in the tote. Also pulled the Craftsman toolbox out of Big Blue's tool box and ensured it has a full set of tools in it. And I added the big battery-powered impact so we can easily change tires and wheels. Also included the floor jack and will have a bottle jack for the trailer. Plus the 4-way. And some of those tanned hides. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyone have suggestions?

Got a bit done towards the trip. Pulled the winch, auxiliary battery, and associated wiring off Big Blue. And I installed the winch on the trailer and plugged the cable into it that'll connect to the battery. And speaking of the battery, it is on the trickle charger so it'll be hot.

Charged up the air tank and will also take a small AC-powered compressor just in case.

Got the ratchet straps, chains, and boomers out of Big Blue and put them in the tote. Also pulled the Craftsman toolbox out of Big Blue's tool box and ensured it has a full set of tools in it. And I added the big battery-powered impact so we can easily change tires and wheels. Also included the floor jack and will have a bottle jack for the trailer. Plus the 4-way. And some of those tanned hides. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyone have suggestions?

How long has it been sitting without moving?

Seized brakes are a distinct possibility.

At least it hasn't been 'rottin' down in da hollar for the past few years'

Does your trailer spare have the usual Chevy five lug pattern? (IDEK what was 'usual' for this vintage)

How long has it been sitting without moving?

Seized brakes are a distinct possibility.

At least it hasn't been 'rottin' down in da hollar for the past few years'

Does your trailer spare have the usual Chevy five lug pattern? (IDEK what was 'usual' for this vintage)

It had been sitting in a barn, which is in da hollar, for many years. But this thread, which started on March 13th, 2018, was a result of my being asked to come and get the 1960 C10 and take it up to the paint/body man. However, that truck was guarding the door to the barn and we knew once it was gone so would be the Malibu.

So we moved the truck, aired up the Malibu's tires, winched it up on the trailer, and took it into town and put it in a storage facility. Therefore it has only been about 16 months since it rolled, and it rolled nicely. Given that I'm thinking it'll be easy to winch it up on the trailer, cinch it down, and head home.

But something is bound to go wrong, so I'm trying to think ahead and have the right tools with which to right the wrong.

As for the trailer's spare, it is on a six-lug wheel and is a substantial tire. Way bigger than the little Malibu would take. The axles are 7000 lb units, so each tire is capable of about what the Malibu weighs. :nabble_smiley_wink:

It had been sitting in a barn, which is in da hollar, for many years. But this thread, which started on March 13th, 2018, was a result of my being asked to come and get the 1960 C10 and take it up to the paint/body man. However, that truck was guarding the door to the barn and we knew once it was gone so would be the Malibu.

So we moved the truck, aired up the Malibu's tires, winched it up on the trailer, and took it into town and put it in a storage facility. Therefore it has only been about 16 months since it rolled, and it rolled nicely. Given that I'm thinking it'll be easy to winch it up on the trailer, cinch it down, and head home.

But something is bound to go wrong, so I'm trying to think ahead and have the right tools with which to right the wrong.

As for the trailer's spare, it is on a six-lug wheel and is a substantial tire. Way bigger than the little Malibu would take. The axles are 7000 lb units, so each tire is capable of about what the Malibu weighs. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well, at least it rolls (or did)

I guess I never thought about how heavy duty your trailer is.

Is it the same pattern as Big Blue?

Do you know what pattern the trailer wheels are?