Bullnose Forums

Frame dimensions

Mikski8604

Hello everyone, I’m glad there are more fans of these old trucks than I thought! I have an 86 xlt reg cab longbed that was a straight 6 2wd.

The frame was bad so I am currently working on putting the 86 body on an 04 4wd frame. I don’t have my old frame so I was wondering where I could get frame dimensions that would show height and distance between the mounts? If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it, thanks

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

Gary recently fielded a question about this for Cory's frame, but I do remember that when Ray was building his flatbed he laid out all the rear of the frame in CAD.

Pretty sure that information (or a Dropbox link) is back on FTE.

Let me see where that thread is..

Gary recently fielded a question about this for Cory's frame, but I do remember that when Ray was building his flatbed he laid out all the rear of the frame in CAD.

I think this is it:. http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Help-On-Rear-Frame-Dimensions-tp17025p68258.html

The dimensions of the Bronco frame featured in that thread are obviously the same as a truck from the cab mounts forward

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I'd sure like to see how the Bullnose body goes on the '04 frame, so I hope you'll start a thread in the main section to document that project.

And, where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd add you if we had a city or zip.

As for the frame dimensions, see if the ones here don't answer your questions: Documentation/Literature/1985 Literature/Body Builder's Book.

There is a guy on the Flareside FB page that put a Bullnose body on a 4x4 Super Duty frame...but I'm not sure what year it was. I'll see if I can find him and direct him over here. I have no idea how he mounted the body, but the truck looks pretty good as it sits.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I'd sure like to see how the Bullnose body goes on the '04 frame, so I hope you'll start a thread in the main section to document that project.

And, where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd add you if we had a city or zip.

As for the frame dimensions, see if the ones here don't answer your questions: Documentation/Literature/1985 Literature/Body Builder's Book.

Thank you! I’ll do my best to document the project, when I get rolling I forget to take pictures and make notes lol.

I’m in Middletown NY

Thank you! I’ll do my best to document the project, when I get rolling I forget to take pictures and make notes lol.

I’m in Middletown NY

Middletown's not far.

I used to have a girlfriend from Wallkill and we would go out to the SuperSod farm to launch rockets.

That was 20 years ago.