Bullnose Forums

1986 F350/460 ambulance reprovision

Westerj

Makes sense. That opens up the option for a factory bench. Might not be what you are going for but will drop right in.

Pulling the liners out isn't bad at all. Just a matter of removing everything that is hooked to them, removing the tires, and pulling them out from below.

I agree with Jim - really neat electrical getup there in the console. If you are planning to toss it, I'd first make a post in the For Sale/etc folder.

Liquidation event coming. Also have grill and embedded

Lights/sirens as well red marker lights. Custom

Mouse nest might just get pitched!! Are the thermactor

Manifolds of interest?

Liquidation event coming. Also have grill and embedded

Lights/sirens as well red marker lights. Custom

Mouse nest might just get pitched!! Are the thermactor

Manifolds of interest?

People look for the other smog parts but I haven't seen many requests for the manifolds themselves. Never know - might be a market for the nests :nabble_smiley_beam:

Makes sense. That opens up the option for a factory bench. Might not be what you are going for but will drop right in.

Pulling the liners out isn't bad at all. Just a matter of removing everything that is hooked to them, removing the tires, and pulling them out from below.

I agree with Jim - really neat electrical getup there in the console. If you are planning to toss it, I'd first make a post in the For Sale/etc folder.

Don't you have to fully remove the battery tray(s) to get the fender liner out?

And of course the module and it's associated wiring.

I went back with stainless steel screws and finish washers on the fender lip, and the bolt and fender washers up from behind.

It's nice to have an actual Phillips or bolt head left if there is ever a next time.

That console is a goldmine of bits and bobs for a tinkerer.

Don't you have to fully remove the battery tray(s) to get the fender liner out?

And of course the module and it's associated wiring.

I went back with stainless steel screws and finish washers on the fender lip, and the bolt and fender washers up from behind.

It's nice to have an actual Phillips or bolt head left if there is ever a next time.

That console is a goldmine of bits and bobs for a tinkerer.

Yep - the battery tray is the most involved item that is tied to the liner but even it isn't bad unless rusted in place. Also, not unusual for the bolts that hold the module to snap off so I'd spray everything down and give it time to soak in before going at it.

Yep - the battery tray is the most involved item that is tied to the liner but even it isn't bad unless rusted in place. Also, not unusual for the bolts that hold the module to snap off so I'd spray everything down and give it time to soak in before going at it.

An ambulance would have trays on both sides, like a diesel, no...?

When was the last time a tray wasn't completely rusted from acid?????

An ambulance would have trays on both sides, like a diesel, no...?

When was the last time a tray wasn't completely rusted from acid?????

I would bet on it being a dual battery setup. The factory aux bracket doesn't tie into the drivers side fender liner but can't say for sure that's the case in an ambulance.

I didn't say the parts removed would be in good shape, I just said it doesn't take a lot to remove the liners :nabble_smiley_happy:

People look for the other smog parts but I haven't seen many requests for the manifolds themselves. Never know - might be a market for the nests :nabble_smiley_beam:
heard of birds nest soup? Maybe Mouse-nest soup?

# Make the best of your time and facilities #

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 12:50 PM kramttocs [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I hadn't although google tells me:

"These nests are actually made out of bird saliva, which has dried and hardened. That's right; when you're eating a bowl of bird's nest soup, you're having a bowl of spit (and other ingredients)."

and

"resulting in a single bowl of soup that will set you back anywhere from $30 to $100"

Learn something new (and something to be avoided :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:) everyday.

Learn something new (and something to be avoided :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:) everyday.

What about this, Scott? :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Black Ivory Coffee is a brand of coffee produced by the Black Ivory Coffee Company Ltd in northern Thailand from Arabica coffee beans consumed by elephants and collected from their waste. The taste of Black Ivory coffee is influenced by elephants' digestive enzymes, which breaks down the coffee's protein. Oct 18 2019

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Ivory-Coffee-Expensive-Naturally/dp/B01KOZ1YV4

What about this, Scott? :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:Black Ivory Coffee is a brand of coffee produced by the Black Ivory Coffee Company Ltd in northern Thailand from Arabica coffee beans consumed by elephants and collected from their waste. The taste of Black Ivory coffee is influenced by elephants' digestive enzymes, which breaks down the coffee's protein. Oct 18 2019https://www.amazon.com/Black-Ivory-Coffee-Expensive-Naturally/dp/B01KOZ1YV4
So.. i wont include the mouse nest in my garage sale.   

My contribution to public health!

BtW.. Birds nest soup is made with bird saliva or baby bird exudate?

# Make the best of your time and facilities #

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 2:59 PM 1986F150Six [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote: