Bullnose Forums

1986 F350/460 ambulance reprovision

Westerj

I don't have any plating advice.

I mean.... there are plenty of places if you want show chrome.

Hemmings or a hot rod shop should be able to help you locate one of those, but I have no personal experience.

good point. maybe I'll just give the door handles a steel wool rebuild Some parts are actually stainless, it seems.. good idea on the endoscope. I'd bought one too... though I leant it to nephew... gotta get that back! Got you on the fuel tank... 35 years is a long time. took out most of the haphazard non-ford stuff under the hood. Still on the fence about the thermactor lines sticking out of the exh headers.. Plugs seem a good idea unless I go to headers. Are shorty ones supposed to tie into existing down pipes?

for brake lines, the copper based stuff looks good. what dia do you suggest for hard lines?

Dont think I need to alternate battery switch in the cab as it is now. The cables are ratty looking. the switcher/isolator (vanner model 51-140 ) is actually on passenger fenderwell and cables go past the exhaust header.

good point. maybe I'll just give the door handles a steel wool rebuild Some parts are actually stainless, it seems.. good idea on the endoscope. I'd bought one too... though I leant it to nephew... gotta get that back! Got you on the fuel tank... 35 years is a long time. took out most of the haphazard non-ford stuff under the hood. Still on the fence about the thermactor lines sticking out of the exh headers.. Plugs seem a good idea unless I go to headers. Are shorty ones supposed to tie into existing down pipes?

for brake lines, the copper based stuff looks good. what dia do you suggest for hard lines?

Dont think I need to alternate battery switch in the cab as it is now. The cables are ratty looking. the switcher/isolator (vanner model 51-140 ) is actually on passenger fenderwell and cables go past the exhaust header.

I haven't found a set of stainless shorty's that had a decent flange.

So I just plugged the holes from the spiders.

Save those!

They're like hens teeth.

Cupro-nickel lines in 3/16"

Good stuff and easy to work with.

If you replace on the rear axle, notice the 7/16-20 fitting on the left line.

You will see if you buy a new hose with brass splitter block.

10-4 on the cables.

If you're going with a 3G it makes sense to do it all at once.

I haven't found a set of stainless shorty's that had a decent flange.

So I just plugged the holes from the spiders.

Save those!

They're like hens teeth.

Cupro-nickel lines in 3/16"

Good stuff and easy to work with.

If you replace on the rear axle, notice the 7/16-20 fitting on the left line.

You will see if you buy a new hose with brass splitter block.

10-4 on the cables.

If you're going with a 3G it makes sense to do it all at once.

ok. Tabling headers. Getting plugs. Save spiders??

Got split loom ordered in 3 sizes 1/4, 3/8, 1/2

Not a fan of creating pages on phone. Word wrap

Is a challenge.

Thanks

John

Just wait until you try to edit a post! 😖

💥💨

Haha... gonna laugh, but i edit most!! Just get lost with word wrap there too.

Spent yesterday AM at NJ DMV . Uggh.3 hours standing in bright sun.

Front off the RSX for a new IMRC valve. Ripped intake hose.. uggh.. back to ford soon.

I don't see the lever on the side and the welt on the arms is different.....

The ones with velour didn't get the welt. And the passenger's side seat would have the lever on the other side - if it has one. May not have one as that side was mounted on an ejector seat/tilt mechanism and the whole seat tilted forward. So may not have had the lever. I can look if needed.

Yes, I know that seat appears to be on the driver's side, but they might have put the wrong one there.

The ones with velour didn't get the welt. And the passenger's side seat would have the lever on the other side - if it has one. May not have one as that side was mounted on an ejector seat/tilt mechanism and the whole seat tilted forward. So may not have had the lever. I can look if needed.

Yes, I know that seat appears to be on the driver's side, but they might have put the wrong one there.

There is no space behind the seat back

and back of cab.. seat back didn't appear

to tilt. Bolt spacing ( right to left ) is narrow...

Only 9" or so between will check pattern when

i am home. There are a bunch of relays in console

and 30 wires in and out . Have to be

Careful. Battery cables to and from... mostly lighting

Cables though. Batteries are out now...

safe for the moment. Headlight relay kits would make sense.