Bullnose Forums

1986 F350/460 ambulance reprovision

Westerj

So, you're saying you need to flush a rust hole in your rocker panel?

Just cut it back to solid metal.

I could fit my whole hand through mine before I replaced it.

There are pictures here to prove it.

Oh, I didn't see a pic before...

The Nabble server is very glitchy lately

Re: Alternator - dont know yet.. but saw a stack of washers (spacers) behind alternator ... did someone hack that up? Does Dual battery mandate a 200A alternator? Guessing much less need without the ambulance role...

20200805_171248.jpg.4bbc3f8b4abf5b991d289b935b1253d5.jpgDoesnt look all that beefy. Didnt see identifying marker, here is side view: ( noting washers?)

Smog air pump gone too.

Remaining manifold.. manifold...

What do you typically use to plug the manifold ports? NPT plugs?

In the exhaust manifolds, or the ports at the backs of the heads?

The manifolds use an inverse flare cap IIRC.

I have the NAPA number (for a pack of ten) posted here on the forum

Is it legal to swap thermactor for headers ?? Can i sneak em into place without messing with motor mounts?

Hope so.... would any header styles be easier... shorty, full collectors etc to mate up with current factory style exhaust? The pipes to back look close to new.... but there is some evidence of gasket leak by cylinder 5.

Whole dash?? Yipes. Sounds like a lot of work.but... would find any shorts etc. So have to chop out.. ambulance lights etc.... .mouse houses..

Luckily you replied to your own post which has some info about your truck. Otherwise I wouldn't have known - and I suggest you fix that with a signature to tell us what it is so we don't have to guess. How-to is in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.

Anyway, it isn't legal to remove any emissions equipment. But, it is done all day, every day. So, I cannot recommend that you do it. Let's just say that Big Blue has no AIR pump and he has headers. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'm running L&L headers. I like them because they have a 1/2" thick flange, which helps a bunch to keep them sealed, and that's one of the many complaints people have about headers.

Another is that they hang down and can be seen, but mine don't.

Having said that, mine did hit the passenger's side frame and required cutting 1/2" strip off the bottom flange of the frame for several inches, which you can see here.

Is it legal to swap thermactor for headers ?? Can i sneak em into place without messing with motor mounts?

Hope so.... would any header styles be easier... shorty, full collectors etc to mate up with current factory style exhaust? The pipes to back look close to new.... but there is some evidence of gasket leak by cylinder 5.

I imagine that depends on what state you're in.

But it's a violation of Federal Law punishable by a $200,000 fine or 2 years.... Or both. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I have manifolds with the spiders plugged.

Stainless shorty's would be an alternative for me.

But I haven't found a set for 4x4 yet.