Bullnose Forums

1986 F350/460 ambulance reprovision

Westerj

I meant to add a link to this post, to vouch for efficacy of removing the rubber spouts.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/The-Truck-of-Doom-An-Occasional-Build-Thread-tp28889p66612.html

Learned a lot on that post. Read most. If i ditch duckbill, would

A simple flapper3x5" rubber sheet be enough to leep stuff from

Splashing into this area.

Now that that the collection pocket is "clean",

should i do an etch with Your suggested

rust treatment, and then paint With a

gloppy primer?

Learned a lot on that post. Read most. If i ditch duckbill, would

A simple flapper3x5" rubber sheet be enough to leep stuff from

Splashing into this area.

Now that that the collection pocket is "clean",

should i do an etch with Your suggested

rust treatment, and then paint With a

gloppy primer?

"My" suggested rust treatment???

I thought I had linked Matthew's post?

If it is clean and solid in there I don't see any reason to.

I'm not looking that close on my phone, but your vents look pretty clean????

How much rust do you see?

I don't have any covers at all on mine, just the plastic inner fenders protecting from splash.

I haven't found any water from here in my truck in the past year, since I removed them.

"My" suggested rust treatment???

I thought I had linked Matthew's post?

If it is clean and solid in there I don't see any reason to.

I'm not looking that close on my phone, but your vents look pretty clean????

How much rust do you see?

I don't have any covers at all on mine, just the plastic inner fenders protecting from splash.

I haven't found any water from here in my truck in the past year, since I removed them.

I don't have any professional auto body experience.

I can sort out what has and hasn't worked for me in the past.

Dave (fuzzface2) is the one who's family owned a body shop, and he went to tech school.

So he is FAR more qualified to answer your question.

I don't have any professional auto body experience.

I can sort out what has and hasn't worked for me in the past.

Dave (fuzzface2) is the one who's family owned a body shop, and he went to tech school.

So he is FAR more qualified to answer your question.

Figure I wont be looking in here for a long time (optimist!) ... so why not stuff a spirit laden rag in ... and then apply some sort of goop RMP or Por15.. Didn't see any drainage holes in the bottom of these pockets.... BTW - ordered a bag of Victor Mouse traps.. others seem more of a feeding station. Pulled Fan out and vacuumed up that stuff ... and Yes... the straw paper bits were above the resister.. so .. just waitin on a fire! thats back in now.. Any other access points, or do I need to split the evap housing to get further into it?

Figure I wont be looking in here for a long time (optimist!) ... so why not stuff a spirit laden rag in ... and then apply some sort of goop RMP or Por15.. Didn't see any drainage holes in the bottom of these pockets.... BTW - ordered a bag of Victor Mouse traps.. others seem more of a feeding station. Pulled Fan out and vacuumed up that stuff ... and Yes... the straw paper bits were above the resister.. so .. just waitin on a fire! thats back in now.. Any other access points, or do I need to split the evap housing to get further into it?

Access, into the cowl?

Not that I know of.

WYSIWYG

You can (pretty easily) remove the glove box and then open up the heater core case.

If you disconnect the hoses by the passenger side hood hinge the heater core can come down and out.

That lets you see from the blend door to the high/low selector door.

I'm pretty sure there are cutaway diagrams of how all that ductwork up inside the dash goes.

If not in the documentation, then one of the other threads about fixing the hinges or vacuum motors for defrost, etc...

Access, into the cowl?

Not that I know of.

WYSIWYG

You can (pretty easily) remove the glove box and then open up the heater core case.

If you disconnect the hoses by the passenger side hood hinge the heater core can come down and out.

That lets you see from the blend door to the high/low selector door.

I'm pretty sure there are cutaway diagrams of how all that ductwork up inside the dash goes.

If not in the documentation, then one of the other threads about fixing the hinges or vacuum motors for defrost, etc...

There are cutaways on the page at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems and then the 1981 FSM tab and then the A/C-Heater System tab.

But there's another way to access the plenum besides pulling the resistors. Pull the blower motor. Or, maybe you've done that?

There are cutaways on the page at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems and then the 1981 FSM tab and then the A/C-Heater System tab.

But there's another way to access the plenum besides pulling the resistors. Pull the blower motor. Or, maybe you've done that?

He says right there that he pulled out the fan and vacuumed.

I'm assuming fan=blower???