Bullnose Forums

1986 F350/460 ambulance reprovision

Westerj

There is no space behind the seat back

and back of cab.. seat back didn't appear

to tilt. Bolt spacing ( right to left ) is narrow...

Only 9" or so between will check pattern when

i am home. There are a bunch of relays in console

and 30 wires in and out . Have to be

Careful. Battery cables to and from... mostly lighting

Cables though. Batteries are out now...

safe for the moment. Headlight relay kits would make sense.

Measured bolt pattern 8" right to left. 11" front to back. no lever on either side of the lower seat. Backs dont appear to fold forward. Reset mouse traps. 4 Down so far. Is it possible to plug up the thermactor exhaust manifold holes with 460 still in F350?? Am I reading that the exhaust manifold plugs are not threaded, but more like little water jacket plug?

Measured bolt pattern 8" right to left. 11" front to back. no lever on either side of the lower seat. Backs dont appear to fold forward. Reset mouse traps. 4 Down so far. Is it possible to plug up the thermactor exhaust manifold holes with 460 still in F350?? Am I reading that the exhaust manifold plugs are not threaded, but more like little water jacket plug?

20200818_233850.jpg.a77ce0e80fc053b6baa2c9ff20b1529c.jpg

20200818_233857.jpg.106ba74e9ef2a8aea0501cff9e2652dc.jpg

20200818_234109.jpg.83b7f3383ae1cda12009ba57c3b1bfff.jpg

Haven't read the whole thread yet but going to - I like seeing new life brought into specialty vehicles like this.

The exhaust manifold ones are threaded. The crossover ports on the back of the heads are not though. They take a freeze plug. The freeze plug can't be installed with the motor in but there are a couple ways to plug those without pulling the motor.

.. put the Powermaster's parts in a box. I've been trying to give the piece of junk away since, but haven't found anyone dumb enough to take it.

My ears must have been burning that day. Been meaning to send you an email about something anyways that this will relate to so will do so tomorrow.

Haven't read the whole thread yet but going to - I like seeing new life brought into specialty vehicles like this.

The exhaust manifold ones are threaded. The crossover ports on the back of the heads are not though. They take a freeze plug. The freeze plug can't be installed with the motor in but there are a couple ways to plug those without pulling the motor.

These plugs are 0.666" diameter (Mark of the devil?????) 😈

Available at NAPA.

Myrl mentioned the other day that they have plugged heads or replaced the crossover at dealerships, by pulling the dash and drilling two 1 1/4" holes to get at them from the back, rather than pulling the engine or removing the heads.

Seems like cheating to me. :nabble_smiley_evil:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n71141/20200818_234109.jpg

Look at all those sweet, sweet continuous duty relays, fancy switches, knobs, gauges and wiring!

If there were lights, sirens, horns and power to go with them my buddy Ari would be having a geekgasam right now.

Are you planning to keep the center console so buckets are the only option?
Hi. Not keeping the electrics curently in console... lights don't serve a purpose for work truck or camper.  Plus the battery cables go up against exhaust? What could go wrong??

How difficult is it to remove fender well liners visible under the hood?? Am on rust remediation kick at the moment.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020, 1:40 AM kramttocs [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Makes sense. That opens up the option for a factory bench. Might not be what you are going for but will drop right in.

Pulling the liners out isn't bad at all. Just a matter of removing everything that is hooked to them, removing the tires, and pulling them out from below.

I agree with Jim - really neat electrical getup there in the console. If you are planning to toss it, I'd first make a post in the For Sale/etc folder.