Bullnose Forums

82 Flareside Factory Rear Bumper

09wingates

I think Ron/reamer is making the brackets. You can read about his efforts here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Making-Flareside-rear-bumper-brackets-td47731.html.

And yes, Dave's Flareside has the rare option of dual tanks. So rare his is the only one. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well I cant say I am the only one as I had seen it done on 1 or 2 others.

Think 1 of our members had a rear tank on his black flare side before he sold it?

Yes dual tanks as the front / mid / side 16 gallon tank is just not large enough so added the 19 gallon rear tank.

20200101_135548.jpg.8c02d9d5bfcff1111c0d7d5dbd369d88.jpg

All the parts, other than the door and some of the filler, came from a dual tank style side parts truck even the dash & wiring. The factory tank switch is to the right of the HVAC controls.

20191023_155334.jpg.547281846e7de776ad9d8ea4e63ba31f.jpg

Dave ----

I think Ron/reamer is making the brackets. You can read about his efforts here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Making-Flareside-rear-bumper-brackets-td47731.html.

And yes, Dave's Flareside has the rare option of dual tanks. So rare his is the only one. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well I cant say I am the only one as I had seen it done on 1 or 2 others.

Think 1 of our members had a rear tank on his black flare side before he sold it?

Yes dual tanks as the front / mid / side 16 gallon tank is just not large enough so added the 19 gallon rear tank.

All the parts, other than the door and some of the filler, came from a dual tank style side parts truck even the dash & wiring. The factory tank switch is to the right of the HVAC controls.

Dave ----

Ok, so it may be 1 of 3. Now, when are you going to enter that rare truck in the show?

What this old garbage truck as it has been called :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I will have to come up with a story on it.

Dave ----

Just tell why you bought it, to make garbage runs, and what you wound up doing: firewall for the A/C, which was a project in and of itself; dual tanks as the dump is a looooooong way away and/or the MPG is poor; etc. :nabble_smiley_evil:

It does not say what year trucks that bumper fits.

The 80 - 86 bumpers are different than the https://www.a2zvehicleparts.com/Rear-Bumper-Flareside-USA-Chrome-1973-1987-Ford-Truck_p_709.html

Well they say it does go back before our years????

Now that brings us to the brackets, do you have them and I don't mean the ones on your bumper now as they may not work.

But don't worry a member on here makes them. IIRC you just need to drill the holes for the bumper bolts to go thru.

Would like to see a picture of this bumper you have on the truck now.

My brother in on the west coast said the truck he pulled parts off to send me had a step bumper but it was not for a full size style side truck as it did not stick out far past the box.

Dave ----

IMG_1359.jpg.0f2f155b014e3817386dd8d30f9b79a7.jpg

Here is a picture of my current rear bumper. Its very stout and well made (backed into a few things in my high school days). It used to be battleship grey but I shot a rattle can coat of black on it over 10 years ago. Held up really well surprisingly....

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n69563/IMG_1359.jpg

Here is a picture of my current rear bumper. Its very stout and well made (backed into a few things in my high school days). It used to be battleship grey but I shot a rattle can coat of black on it over 10 years ago. Held up really well surprisingly....

That does look like it was for a flare side.

If you look in the for sale area there is a flare side listed that also has a step bumper but is for a a style side as it sticks out far on both sides.

Thanks for the picture.

Dave ----