Bullnose Forums

82 Flareside Factory Rear Bumper

09wingates

It does not say what year trucks that bumper fits.

The 80 - 86 bumpers are different than the <79 bumpers.

I am told the bumper bracket holes are in a different location between them.

There is only 1 place I know of that sells a bumper for our trucks.

https://www.a2zvehicleparts.com/Rear-Bumper-Flareside-USA-Chrome-1973-1987-Ford-Truck_p_709.html

Well they say it does go back before our years????

Now that brings us to the brackets, do you have them and I don't mean the ones on your bumper now as they may not work.

But don't worry a member on here makes them. IIRC you just need to drill the holes for the bumper bolts to go thru.

Would like to see a picture of this bumper you have on the truck now.

My brother in on the west coast said the truck he pulled parts off to send me had a step bumper but it was not for a full size style side truck as it did not stick out far past the box.

Dave ----

https://www.a2zvehicleparts.com/Rear-Bumper-Flareside-USA-Chrome-1973-1987-Ford-Truck_p_709.html

Now that brings us to the brackets, do you have them and I don't mean the ones on your bumper now as they may not work.

But don't worry a member on here makes them. IIRC you just need to drill the holes for the bumper bolts to go thru.

My brother in on the west coast said the truck he pulled parts off to send me had a step bumper but it was not for a full size style side truck as it did not stick out far past the box.

Dave ----

The master parts catalog says that bumper is for: 80 F100 (83) EOTZ 17906-E Chrome

That's got to be a mistake as there is only one other entry for Flaresides (83): 82 F100 (83) E2TZ 17906-C Black hi gloss

So, the first one should really say "80/" which means 1980 through the end of the catalog, which is 1989.

I wonder how well that bumper would polish up? Some of those scratches might come out. I don't really have any idea what these bumpers are worth, but I do see people looking for them every now and then.

I'm pretty sure that I did see them in the LMC catalog the other day, in both chrome and primered.

I wonder how well that bumper would polish up? Some of those scratches might come out. I don't really have any idea what these bumpers are worth, but I do see people looking for them every now and then.

I'm pretty sure that I did see them in the LMC catalog the other day, in both chrome and primered.

Yeah I saw the one on ebay but was worried about polishing the scratches out too....

Was also curious if the 79 and back bumpers fit but doesnt sounds like it.

After not being able to find any one to "chrome wrap" my bumpers I painted them silver and clear and happy the way they turned out.

Then again mine are not factory stock just look the parts.

20191012_174905.jpg.8701647ee7e8ea22c2e98526a006c227.jpg

20191103_171301.jpg.573fe2c33729a5b3c1f5b6ff4b7b454a.jpg

Dave ----

Dave ----

I dont have the brackets but being a stamping tooling designer making some at work would be fairly simple once I have a bumper...

I will get a picture of my current bumper. Its well made for the flareside and wraps around the pillar the taillights are mounted to...

After not being able to find any one to "chrome wrap" my bumpers I painted them silver and clear and happy the way they turned out.

Then again mine are not factory stock just look the parts.

Dave ----

Is that a fuel door on the rear of the fender? Never seen that before.

I dont have the brackets but being a stamping tooling designer making some at work would be fairly simple once I have a bumper...

I will get a picture of my current bumper. Its well made for the flareside and wraps around the pillar the taillights are mounted to...

I think Ron/reamer is making the brackets. You can read about his efforts here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Making-Flareside-rear-bumper-brackets-td47731.html.

And yes, Dave's Flareside has the rare option of dual tanks. So rare his is the only one. :nabble_smiley_wink: