Bullnose Forums

Stop Lamp Switch Voltage

Ok, let's see if I got what you need. First, there's no continuity between the LG & W/P terminals on my spare amplifier.

Then, I ran four tests:

W/P LG

1. 11.9v .02v LED on left & 1157 on right. LG: Left turn = .02v Right turn = 7.8v

2. 11.9v .0 1157's on both left & right LG: Left turn = .05 - .23v Right turn = .09 - .25v

3. 11.9v .66v LED's on both left & right LG: Left turn = 7.8v Right turn = 7.8v & dash lights flash!

4. 11.9v 11.6v No bulbs or LED's, trying to simulate pulling the connector - I hope.

Gary,

What do you get if you read from a powered LED to ground?

Volts, amps?

I owe you one Gary (add it to my tab)!

So for test 3 and a right turn on test 1, your cruise would cut out also when applying the turn signal. That fits.

And test 4 gives me peace of mind even though you've all been saying that's how it works :nabble_smiley_happy:

I'd still like to figure out why you only have .66v and I have 3.8v on test 3 when no turn signal applied.

Jim - I'll check tomorrow. I've come into the house for a cuppa and cookie now. But you want to know what the voltage and current are on the stop light LED. Right? I'll have to rig up a way to push the brake pedal for that as my digital voltmeter won't react fast enough in turn signal mode.

Scott - No problem, happy to help. So apparently the speed control depends on the resistance of the bulbs being there. Interesting.

And, if you figure out why I have .66v and you have 3.8v in Test three, please also figure out why my dash lights flash and, if the door is open, the headlight buzzer sounds - only on right turns, not left. :nabble_anim_confused:

Jim - I'll check tomorrow. I've come into the house for a cuppa and cookie now. But you want to know what the voltage and current are on the stop light LED. Right? I'll have to rig up a way to push the brake pedal for that as my digital voltmeter won't react fast enough in turn signal mode.

Scott - No problem, happy to help. So apparently the speed control depends on the resistance of the bulbs being there. Interesting.

And, if you figure out why I have .66v and you have 3.8v in Test three, please also figure out why my dash lights flash and, if the door is open, the headlight buzzer sounds - only on right turns, not left. :nabble_anim_confused:

Don't make a special setup for me.

I thought if you had it all out it might be interesting to note what was actually passing through the LED's (both taillamp and stop lamp)

But I'm sure we can see that in the advertised wattage.