Bullnose Forums

Seatbelt Question

JG2020

I think from 1980 through the mid-90's all bolt in, assuming the seats come from a truck with the same floor pan as yours.

You're right Gary. The aeros might too, right up until the '96 restyle.

But I'm not sure, like I am that the Bricks definitely fit.

What color seat are you looking for Josh?

And, excuse me if I forgot where you're located.

You're right Gary. The aeros might too, right up until the '96 restyle.But I'm not sure, like I am that the Bricks definitely fit.What color seat are you looking for Josh?And, excuse me if I forgot where you're located.
I'm in Western NJ on the border of New Hope PA. 

I would like a red one to match but anything that is in decent shape works. 

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020, 8:17 PM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I'm familiar with Bucks County.

Let me see what I can shake loose when I get back to Connecticut.

I have to make a trip down to my sister's in Swarthmore to drop off some garden furniture.

A side stop would be no big deal.

Thanks Jim! Very kind of you. I'll take the passenger seat out and pull back the carpet to see what's what. I have my neighbors yard to work in for the next 10 days while they are away.

Plan is to do the front shocks, HEI dizzy and start figuring out electrical issues. There are no dash lights for instance.

I also just got the stock air cleaner and a new set of door locks.

Thanks Jim! Very kind of you. I'll take the passenger seat out and pull back the carpet to see what's what. I have my neighbors yard to work in for the next 10 days while they are away.

Plan is to do the front shocks, HEI dizzy and start figuring out electrical issues. There are no dash lights for instance.

I also just got the stock air cleaner and a new set of door locks.

Wow, you're making great strides Josh! :nabble_smiley_good:

As I often say, Progress is GOOD!

I don't know who's parting a truck with red interior, or what condition it might be in.

But when I get 'home' I will definitely ask around

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you're making great strides Josh! :nabble_smiley_good:

As I often say, Progress is GOOD!

I don't know who's parting a truck with red interior, or what condition it might be in.

But when I get 'home' I will definitely ask around

Welp, re-installed the speedometer cable with the new gear today. I have not gone for a ride to see if it works.

I have a light engine tap I did not hear before. I had changed the oil and added 5 quarts. But I think that should be six quarts so I added one to bring the oil up to level on the stick. Still a light valve tap or something.

I took out the passenger seat to see what was what. This is what is under the seat:

IMG_20200813_150747.jpg.aa57a42a45f637f38f0c865b71fa38f4.jpg

IMG_20200813_150625.jpg.46c40b988168f5cfb7f0fa0792b9888d.jpg

IMG_20200813_150611.jpg.85c09552068dccfcc6f013bdf11fe81d.jpg

Still looking for a bench seat. Guessing I'm missing a stock set of seat rails ? I left the driver seat in for now so I can move the truck around.

Thanks!

Welp, re-installed the speedometer cable with the new gear today. I have not gone for a ride to see if it works.

I have a light engine tap I did not hear before. I had changed the oil and added 5 quarts. But I think that should be six quarts so I added one to bring the oil up to level on the stick. Still a light valve tap or something.

I took out the passenger seat to see what was what. This is what is under the seat:

Still looking for a bench seat. Guessing I'm missing a stock set of seat rails ? I left the driver seat in for now so I can move the truck around.

Thanks!

It looks like they drilled a few extra holes, but you should have the original ones in there. The illustration below, from our page at Documentation/Interior/Seats & Seat Tracks shows how the bench seats attach. Note that the front attachment point is on the slanted part of the floor.

Maybe you can find yours to ensure they are there? And I can get measurements if you need to tell you where to look.

seat-track-bench.thumb.jpg.c47de2d2b8e95fffd810767cb2e6acb3.jpg

It looks like they drilled a few extra holes, but you should have the original ones in there. The illustration below, from our page at Documentation/Interior/Seats & Seat Tracks shows how the bench seats attach. Note that the front attachment point is on the slanted part of the floor.

Maybe you can find yours to ensure they are there? And I can get measurements if you need to tell you where to look.

You just need to find the stiffening flange from below.

The nuts are tacked right on there.

You just need to find the stiffening flange from below.

The nuts are tacked right on there.

Thanks! Here is a pic of the slant on the floor. Looks like they filled the mount In.

Installed new door locks today. There was no key for the old ones. One of those 10 minute jobs that took 2 hours.

I got a new LMS catalog today. Very exciting . I have not had a paper catalog in years.

IMG_20200814_140913.jpg.08bc167f6c7c8eb9bfd51daa798be8b3.jpg

Thanks! Here is a pic of the slant on the floor. Looks like they filled the mount In.

Installed new door locks today. There was no key for the old ones. One of those 10 minute jobs that took 2 hours.

I got a new LMS catalog today. Very exciting . I have not had a paper catalog in years.

Look underneath. They may have just stuffed something in there.

Yes, I never find that a "10 minute job" takes that little time. They always take me several times more than expected. :nabble_smiley_cry:

As for the catalog, one of our members is head of LMC's Ford R&D department. Check out this thread. He is a stickler for detail and has assured us that the term Stepside will not appear in their Ford catalogs in the future. Instead the correct term of Flareside will be used.