Bullnose Forums

Seatbelt Question

JG2020

:nabble_florida-man-42_orig: maybe? Is there any kind of safety inspection where he lives? If so, and it was bought from a used car lot he may have a case.

On the seats themselves, it looks like the bolts are welded to the seat attachments, then nuts were used as a way to level them and if the bottom ones are removed the seats should come up. I can try once tropical storm unpronounceable departs to get some pictures of how mine are mounted, they are 2000 Lincoln Continental 10 way with adjustable lumbar supports, but my seat belts are still bolted in the stock locations as they are on a Qualitex frame that had a pair of manual buckets and a folding center. I fabricated mounting brackets for the seats, but left the seat belt attachments in the original locations.

Yes, he might have a case. That is awful! And it looks like at least one of the bolts is a G2. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Yes, he might have a case. That is awful! And it looks like at least one of the bolts is a G2. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Ok....so I gather these seats are unsafe and I should remove them ?

I bought this from a young guy from Mississippi.

He drove it out on his trailer to me in NJ since he does car delivery as a side job to his teacher job to make extra $$. No lawsuit there.

I don't think he drove it much. Just around the property and town.

Any thoughts on how to remedy the situation? Are the mounting points ruined for a stock seat install?

I am not in a huge rush on this truck. I just want to make it a nice daily driver.

Thanks!

I was going to say the bolts don't seem to have any lines (so, grade AA Butter)

And I can see letters stamped in the washer, so, Big Box.

There's no way that would stay put in a good crash.

And none of out trucks have any SRS, though often that causes more injury.

Ok....so I gather these seats are unsafe and I should remove them ?

I bought this from a young guy from Mississippi.

He drove it out on his trailer to me in NJ since he does car delivery as a side job to his teacher job to make extra $$. No lawsuit there.

I don't think he drove it much. Just around the property and town.

Any thoughts on how to remedy the situation? Are the mounting points ruined for a stock seat install?

I am not in a huge rush on this truck. I just want to make it a nice daily driver.

Thanks!

Yes, the seats are unsafe, especially with the belts anchored to them.

I would go back with a stock seat bolted into the stock locations, which seem to be ok from the pics unless I missed something. Stock from a Bullnose or, if you want buckets, stock from the mid-90's using the platform. If you haven't, read the page at Documentation/Interior/Seat Interchangeability. It explains about the different cab floors, which helps you understand why some seats fit and some don't.

Yes, the seats are unsafe, especially with the belts anchored to them.

I would go back with a stock seat bolted into the stock locations, which seem to be ok from the pics unless I missed something. Stock from a Bullnose or, if you want buckets, stock from the mid-90's using the platform. If you haven't, read the page at Documentation/Interior/Seat Interchangeability. It explains about the different cab floors, which helps you understand why some seats fit and some don't.

I hear you loud and clear! I will check out the documentation and then I guess I am on a seat and seatbelt hunt. Junkyards are not the same out here as when I was younger.

Thanks for all the input everyone,

Josh

I hear you loud and clear! I will check out the documentation and then I guess I am on a seat and seatbelt hunt. Junkyards are not the same out here as when I was younger.

Thanks for all the input everyone,

Josh

Lots of people seem to like the later low headrest style with the fold down center section that acts as cup holders and a cubby.

Individual seats are going to come from a Bronco or Crew Cab (with the pan)

Lots of people seem to like the later low headrest style with the fold down center section that acts as cup holders and a cubby.

Individual seats are going to come from a Bronco or Crew Cab (with the pan)

I will have to start looking around. I would rather have a bench seat but may be a hard find. Anyone know what years they are a straight swap ?

I will have to start looking around. I would rather have a bench seat but may be a hard find. Anyone know what years they are a straight swap ?

I think from 1980 through the mid-90's all bolt in, assuming the seats come from a truck with the same floor pan as yours.