Bullnose Forums

Exhaust pipe flange to manifold studs and nuts

The studs in my ‘84 5.8 are 7/16-14. I bought the Dorman studs that everyone has and they didn’t fit. Don’t remember the part number off hand.

Mark

What size studs did you buy, Mark?

You do realize that for decades the only thing Dorman did were wheel and engine studs (plus unique fasteners)

The OP replied that the ones I linked above were a perfect match for his 4.9

You do realize that for decades the only thing Dorman did were wheel and engine studs (plus unique fasteners)

It's been a while but I bought them at Autozone and they must've been listed for my truck or I wouldn't have bought them. *cough cough* (Though sometimes the listings are such a clusterfuck I order things that aren't listed when I know -- or hope, if I don't know -- that they will interchange.) Anyway I still have them and I pulled them out and they are Dorman 03129, which are metric and don't fit.

Well I crawled under my first car in 1973 when I was fourteen (it was a 1964 Chrysler 300 -- GORGEOUS dashboard) and my go-to part store was NAPA. I honestly don't remember what Dorman sold at the time or when they introduced the HELP stuff, but I do know that some of their stuff is junk and some is perfectly good.

Mark

It's been a while but I bought them at Autozone and they must've been listed for my truck or I wouldn't have bought them. *cough cough* (Though sometimes the listings are such a clusterfuck I order things that aren't listed when I know -- or hope, if I don't know -- that they will interchange.) Anyway I still have them and I pulled them out and they are Dorman 03129, which are metric and don't fit.

I wonder if it's Dormans bad application, or AutoZones?

I often do my own research and go in to a store "I want ABC's part number 654321"

"Whats the vehicle?"...

It's not a vehicle, it's a flying carpet. Do you have one in the warehouse or not?

If someone asks me what engine I have when I want a headlight I just walk away.