Bullnose Forums

Exhaust pipe flange to manifold studs and nuts

The ones I linked above are 7/16-14

That seems universal for the EFI Fords: 4.9, 5.8, 7.5, and the Tritons including the 10 cylinder.

I'm pretty amazed they don't stock them.

yea me too. there is absolutely no mention of the 86 4.9 anywhere. i guess is the reason i call it Ghost Truck

The ones I linked above are 7/16-14

That seems universal for the EFI Fords: 4.9, 5.8, 7.5, and the Tritons including the 10 cylinder.

I'm pretty amazed they don't stock them.

I ordered the Dornman that you sent me the link for Jim. Thanks for finding that for me. It looks like they will work. The bolt idea wont work, before i set everything in, i tried to put my new bolt and it will not thread into the manifold. The edge of the bolt and what i took out of the manifold are a bit different although the threads are the same. I double checked everything and went on ahead and ordered the Dornman's. Dont want to take any chances.

Ok guys, they are 7/16 - 14 nothing in the help section so i went with a bolt and nut between. now i have to get that donut on there, ugggg.

Do your self a big favor, use the copper never seize on those bolts. I have used it on turbo mounting bolts and a few years later those nuts came right off when the turbo needed to be changed again. The copper is for high heat aplacations.

Do your self a big favor, use the copper never seize on those bolts. I have used it on turbo mounting bolts and a few years later those nuts came right off when the turbo needed to be changed again. The copper is for high heat aplacations.

I can't make any grantee those will work but they have a half dozen pages of Ford application...

Poke around checking local stock online.

The chain stores all have "nearby" when your designated store doesn't stock.

My NAPA app is freaking useless for this, though..

Steve, the Doorman kit (above) has brass or bronze nuts.

Seizure shouldn't be a problem.

I can't make any grantee those will work but they have a half dozen pages of Ford application...

Poke around checking local stock online.

The chain stores all have "nearby" when your designated store doesn't stock.

My NAPA app is freaking useless for this, though..

Steve, the Doorman kit (above) has brass or bronze nuts.

Seizure shouldn't be a problem.

I ordered them from Amazon. I did some poking around myself and nothing says it fits Brutus but they sure look the same to me. I've been in parts and i'm thinking there is something up with the cataloging at Dornman. I'll let you know if they work. I worked at Napa and years ago at Western Auto ( I miss Western Auto ) anyway, you'd be surprised at how many mistakes i found over the years

thanks guys.

I ordered them from Amazon. I did some poking around myself and nothing says it fits Brutus but they sure look the same to me. I've been in parts and i'm thinking there is something up with the cataloging at Dornman. I'll let you know if they work. I worked at Napa and years ago at Western Auto ( I miss Western Auto ) anyway, you'd be surprised at how many mistakes i found over the years

thanks guys.

Steve, the never sieze might be a good idea, but this is the original, never been off and 210,000 miles. Starting the engine, letting it heat up then hitting it with a bit of wd40 did the trick, it came right out. Thats how i got the other one out. I think the reason the first one broke was because we didn't have the engine hot. I started the engine and got it hot and the other one came right out, and i did the same thing again once i was able to move the pipe out of the way to get to the broken stud. started the engine, got it hot, shot it with wd40 and it came right out

i do think i'm going to do it just as an added precaution. Once the AC goes in, the only way you can access it is by taking the inner fender well off

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT. had to start the motor and let it idle for a while to get it hot and it backed right out. now off to the zone

Good for you! The chore for which you were seriously dreading turned out to be minor considering what it could have been. Had it been me, I'd had to pull half the engine apart to fix it. My motto....what can go wrong, always goes wrong.....arghhh.

Good for you! The chore for which you were seriously dreading turned out to be minor considering what it could have been. Had it been me, I'd had to pull half the engine apart to fix it. My motto....what can go wrong, always goes wrong.....arghhh.

Yes it did John, but it isn't over. Still have to put the donut in it when the studs come in so we have a whole sea of things to go wrong there :-) I'm just thankful i didn't have to pull or break the manifold

Yes it did John, but it isn't over. Still have to put the donut in it when the studs come in so we have a whole sea of things to go wrong there :-) I'm just thankful i didn't have to pull or break the manifold

I got the Dornman studs in today. They look exactly like the one i took out, well, except the new one isn't broken. Going ot try to put on the truck this afternoon.

I got the Dornman studs in today. They look exactly like the one i took out, well, except the new one isn't broken. Going ot try to put on the truck this afternoon.

The studs in my ‘84 5.8 are 7/16-14. I bought the Dorman studs that everyone has and they didn’t fit. Don’t remember the part number off hand.

Mark