Bullnose Forums

Exhaust pipe flange to manifold studs and nuts

Well yesterday when trying to get the exhaust pipe off the manifold, of course i broke a bolt, but fortunately i only broke it off in the middle and can still get it out with a wrench. Talk about a pain to get to it. Anyway, i cant find the studs and nuts anywhere. everything gives me for a 302 or for a whole manifold kit. Can anybody help.

this is frustrating, i cant find anything anywhere, even the part numbers from the book are not crossing to anything

I'm not sure what broke and on what vehicle motor. A picture and specifics would help. Feel for ya, broken bolts are never fun.

I'm not sure what broke and on what vehicle motor. A picture and specifics would help. Feel for ya, broken bolts are never fun.

86 f150 4.9 motor. where the exhaust pipe connects to the manifold there are 2 studs that hold it , one of the studs broke in the middle. its going to be a pain to get it out, but it can be gotten out, it broke in the middle and i can get a wrench on the other nut that holds it to the manifold. problem is i cant find anything out there and the ford part numbers are not crossing to anything at all

86 f150 4.9 motor. where the exhaust pipe connects to the manifold there are 2 studs that hold it , one of the studs broke in the middle. its going to be a pain to get it out, but it can be gotten out, it broke in the middle and i can get a wrench on the other nut that holds it to the manifold. problem is i cant find anything out there and the ford part numbers are not crossing to anything at all

7/16-14?

Dorman has a listing for -'87-> but I don't know that EFI manifolds take larger studs than carbed ones.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-188-03135.aspx?make=Ford&origin=keyword

I think they are different. i have a 4.9 in the 88 parts truck, the manifold is visually different

Of course they look different. EFI have two manifolds, but I don't have a carb manifold to work with.

So, what is the pitch and length you need?

Man, I miss the days when the parts store counter was supported be a whole row of Orange drawers....

Of course they look different. EFI have two manifolds, but I don't have a carb manifold to work with.

So, what is the pitch and length you need?

Man, I miss the days when the parts store counter was supported be a whole row of Orange drawers....

thats what i'm trying to find out. I haven't gotten the broken stud out yet. I was hoping to find a Dornman replacement or someting, but nobody has anything anywhere for the 86 4.9. going to probably have to go to the hardware store and do something there if all else fails

thats what i'm trying to find out. I haven't gotten the broken stud out yet. I was hoping to find a Dornman replacement or someting, but nobody has anything anywhere for the 86 4.9. going to probably have to go to the hardware store and do something there if all else fails

I'm sure Dorman has proper studs and brass nuts.

You have plenty of options in the HELP! racks.

Most Ford were 3/8-16 except for oddball metrics found on the I-4's and European engines in the Capri.

I'm sure Dorman has proper studs and brass nuts.

You have plenty of options in the HELP! racks.

Most Ford were 3/8-16 except for oddball metrics found on the I-4's and European engines in the Capri.

as soon as i get it out, if my back isn't broken like the bolt and how you have to get it out eeeeeeek!! i'm going to hit the help section at audozone