Bullnose Forums

Bug Deflector

dblohowiak

Quick update on my bug deflector mission. I found this old accessory on ebay for a few bucks and threw it on. Took some work, didn't like being uncoiled after over twenty years in the package, but whatever terrifying chemicals they used to make it worked, as it was still workable and shiny. Helps complete my "as 80's as possible" aesthetic along with my 76 antenna ball.

Not for everyone, but definitely for me.

I love it!

Never knew they had that chrome strip. Really looks good.

The 76 ball is awesome. Have one on my 86 also. It definitely fits these trucks. My only complaint is that it bends the antenna back quite a bit on the highway but figure all toppers are the same in that way.

You have great taste :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it!

Never knew they had that chrome strip. Really looks good.

The 76 ball is awesome. Have one on my 86 also. It definitely fits these trucks. My only complaint is that it bends the antenna back quite a bit on the highway but figure all toppers are the same in that way.

You have great taste :nabble_smiley_good:

Nice!

Quick update on my bug deflector mission. I found this old accessory on ebay for a few bucks and threw it on. Took some work, didn't like being uncoiled after over twenty years in the package, but whatever terrifying chemicals they used to make it worked, as it was still workable and shiny. Helps complete my "as 80's as possible" aesthetic along with my 76 antenna ball.

That's awesome! :nabble_anim_jump:

Definitely grandpa's truck with the bed rails, running boards and the deflector.

In my opinion, it is your truck and as long as you like what you have done that is all that matters! :nabble_anim_claps:

I think it looks great with that trim kit on there. I had one like that in smoke tint on my '85 F250 back in '96. Wish it would have had the trim on it. :nabble_smiley_good: