Bullnose Forums

New member, here's my rig!

dblohowiak

Morning Everyone,

My name is Dan, and last year after a windstorm crushed my two previous cars, I inherited this 1986 F250HD XLT Lariat (now known as 'Burt') from my Father. Since I am also 34 years old, it seems a bit like destiny. The truck had one prior owner to my Dad, who drove it twice a year commuting from Northern Idaho to winter in Arizona with his fifth wheel, so it has only 60k original miles, and all the associated service records. It was garaged in Idaho, but exposed in Arizona, so while the truck is rust free, there is some paint wear on both the hood and roof. All the bells and whistles work, except, which as I've come to read is a common issue, the duel fuel tanks (only the front works). Luckily the mechanic where I live is a friend, and has a similar rig (84 F250) that he already fixed, so I'm in the process of doing that now.

I've never been into cars before getting this, too many other hobbies, but I've really enjoyed diving into this thing and cleaning it up since I got it, and this website has been a great help. Anyways, here are a few photos, and thanks everyone for unknowingly contributing to my newfound passion so far.

Dan

IMG_2268.jpg.bada4b14548a5eccd932fee180078d3e.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg.b9e2b37708d8d5a792107c1e27273d1f.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg.3dcf760d786e9ad406dac1cae0b0b54f.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg.6f9d11a099d99789ea4b1a3b965ea06b.jpg

Welcome, Dan! Nice truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yep, the fuel systems on these trucks are the biggest problems. And some of the valves that switch between tanks are hard to find, and expensive when you do.

So, where's home? Northern Idaho? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to put you on it if we had a city or zip.

And, don't miss that we are having a virtual truck show. Read all about it at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show in the menu.

Welcome, Dan! Nice truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yep, the fuel systems on these trucks are the biggest problems. And some of the valves that switch between tanks are hard to find, and expensive when you do.

So, where's home? Northern Idaho? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to put you on it if we had a city or zip.

And, don't miss that we are having a virtual truck show. Read all about it at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show in the menu.

Home is actually Vashon Island, Washington. A little island community in Puget Sound, close to Seattle. Moved to Seattle 15 years ago, and been on Vashon going on 6 now. Allows me to work in the city (I'm an architect), but go home to the country (Vashon is very rural) everyday. Also saves me gas as I don't have to drive this hog to work, I take a boat :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

And yes, the valves were expensive :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

Thanks for the welcome!

Home is actually Vashon Island, Washington. A little island community in Puget Sound, close to Seattle. Moved to Seattle 15 years ago, and been on Vashon going on 6 now. Allows me to work in the city (I'm an architect), but go home to the country (Vashon is very rural) everyday. Also saves me gas as I don't have to drive this hog to work, I take a boat :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Thanks for the welcome!

You are now, quite literally, on the map! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome, that's a very nice original truck!:nabble_smiley_good: