Bullnose Forums

Truck Names

Funny, I've never been big on naming my vehicles but others of my family will periodically attach a name to something. Sometimes it sticks other times it doesn't.

When I first brought home my '85 my wife started calling it "Old Irish" because it reminded her of her old Uncle Irish's truck, but it didn't really take. We just call it "the truck" because our other vehicle isn't a truck.

But then I brought home a project-worthy '82. When my son came out to have a look at it he named it "the Beige Beast" because of it's faded beige paint job (complete with lichen patches), 35" inch tires and old-school halogen light bar, all of which gives it a more beastly look than "the truck". That name stuck firmly.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what was that beige-ish color might have been called when new (I'm assuming it's original)?

We have the paint codes here, in the documentation....

Desert Tan, Fawn, Pastel Sand perhaps?

I can't see much on my phone but the paint codes are right on your door sticker.

I've never been big on naming vehicles, my Suzuki Samurai is just the Samurai, my wifes Kia is the Kia, my Dart is the Dart. For some reason we named the truck. My wife and I are horror movie fans and the fabric I chose to replace the headliner is the same pattern as the carpet in the movie The Shining so we went with Redrum. We'll see if it sticks.

When I was a young man I worked at the Stanley hotel. Redrum :-) And yes it was haunted.

My Mom named the truck big blue when my Dad bought it new. She had a hard time getting in it. As time went on the named changed to Old Blue. I kept the name.