Bullnose Forums

Truck Names

My 2003 Ranger ended up with the name Sticks because I was originally going to buy a 1997 Ranger STX, and I referred to that truck as "Stix". But when I ended up with the 03 instead, I gave the name to that truck with a slight spelling change.

My 2002 Ranger is nicknamed Toreador, because it is Toreador Red.

My F350 has no nickname.

I have never named any of my cars or trucks guess I just don't see the point :nabble_anim_confused:

Dave ----

You realize the point when you have two of the same truck, and you need to be able to differentiate them when talking to people about them. Haha.

I have 2 different 1970 AMC Javelins, no names, 1 a street car other a drag car.

Maybe I don't talk about them much to name them :nabble_smiley_uh:

Dave ----

My 2003 Ranger ended up with the name Sticks because I was originally going to buy a 1997 Ranger STX, and I referred to that truck as "Stix". But when I ended up with the 03 instead, I gave the name to that truck with a slight spelling change.

My F350 has no nickname.

I have never named any of my cars or trucks guess I just don't see the point :nabble_anim_confused:

Dave ----

You realize the point when you have two of the same truck, and you need to be able to differentiate them when talking to people about them. Haha.

I have 2 different 1970 AMC Javelins, no names, 1 a street car other a drag car.

Dave ----

Maybe you don't spend enough time with them....lol!

86 Ford F150 - Blackie

2014 Ford Focus ST - Catfish

1969 Mustang Mach 1 - Queenie

My F350 has no nickname.

Dave ----

Dave ----

Maybe you don't spend enough time with them....lol!

86 Ford F150 - Blackie

2014 Ford Focus ST - Catfish

1969 Mustang Mach 1 - Queenie

Or just cant come up with names.

Names were not chosen by me outside of my truck as I just suck with naming. But my '63 and '78 I never settled on a name. I did a drawing years ago of my '63 with a old race car name where I did the name "Gold Rush" due to the saddle tan poly color but its not offical. My '78 I did at one time use the name Bast which a buddy she recommended it as Bast was the Egyptian goddess of cats. I kinda liked it cause it could also be short for another word but it never really stuck. Me I just refer to them by their year since I only have one of them. If I ever got another year then I would need a more specific way to make it known which one I am talking about.

For my truck I kinda want a decal on the truck ala 1980's/90's truck style but the name is just so short any font style I try just doesnt look right.

My truck is named the "Blue Mule" after the Truck in the movie White Line Fever (1975, I think). I believe the original truck was a 1973 COE Ford.

blue_mule.jpg.6468161ea61051f3fc62bc363befd739.jpg

6055219582_8f04c87b30_b.jpg.56f90486774f3733339f443f08ed2396.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg.06478feac96c40107dc93132805f2a0a.jpg

As a kid I was absolutely crazy over car and truck movies and shows...Smokey & The Bandit, The Dukes of Hazard, etc...I was obsessed with this stuff as a kid, and remained so well into adulthood...lol.

I had a Blue Bullnose flareside back in the early 90's, and it too was referred to as the "Blue Mule".

It was just one of those movie names that stuck in my head. If my truck wasn't blue I likely wouldn't have named it at all...lol.

Brutus got his name way back when he still had new truck smell. it was given by Nick's friend Eddie. A friend had a 80 foot yacht. he had a chevy truck with a 454 that could not pull it out of the water. Eddie had a Dodge with a 440, it budged it, but couldn't do it. Then comes Brutus, everybody saying and laughting , it can't pull that thing out, its just a six. Well, we all know it did. In first gear ideling. The following day, Nick had a trailer hooked up to Brutus with a tailer with either a trans am or a GTX, i cant remember, and had 3 big block engines in the bed. Eddie was driving his Dodge with 3 big blocks in the bed and the Dodge died and Nick had to push the Dodge with Brutus and the trailer. Since then Eddie started calling it Brutus and the name just stuck. Some friends refer to the Bullnose as a " Brutus Truck "

20200719_065246.jpg.f04be33140154cbfb2c1ad1b18128cf4.jpg

Brutus got his name way back when he still had new truck smell. it was given by Nick's friend Eddie. A friend had a 80 foot yacht. he had a chevy truck with a 454 that could not pull it out of the water. Eddie had a Dodge with a 440, it budged it, but couldn't do it. Then comes Brutus, everybody saying and laughting , it can't pull that thing out, its just a six. Well, we all know it did. In first gear ideling. The following day, Nick had a trailer hooked up to Brutus with a tailer with either a trans am or a GTX, i cant remember, and had 3 big block engines in the bed. Eddie was driving his Dodge with 3 big blocks in the bed and the Dodge died and Nick had to push the Dodge with Brutus and the trailer. Since then Eddie started calling it Brutus and the name just stuck. Some friends refer to the Bullnose as a " Brutus Truck "

My wife named mine - thanks to the various smokes, leaks, drips, and rattles it had early on, she constantly called it the 'truck of doom'. The truck has slowly but continuously improved over time, but the name stayed.

These are fun stories to read.

I think vehicle names work best when they are given by someone else, other than yourself. My truck didn't really have a name (well maybe it did, but I can't repeat it here), until I got it back from the paint shop and I finished the interior and starting showing it. The main judge at the first car show I was in asked me what the "original" paint color was (I get that question a lot, actually) and I answered with, "[Dark Canyon Red] IS the original color." He was surprised and impressed with the deep shade of red/brown. When he got to the inside, he was equally impressed with the plush Canyon Red velour upholstery. He flashed a slight grin and said, "it looks like she is a natural red-head!" I laughed, and my wife wanted in on the joke. So I told her, and she said it looks like it belongs to a movie star, what with the shiny red paint with all of the extra Lariat "jewelry" and the swanky, bordello-style interior. Then she said, "...it looks like a truck LUCILLE BALL would own."

Lucille2.jpg.fd2f2aef383075a94408b25dc6bf49ea.jpg

That is when my truck became known as "Lucille."

21231640_10212554900458961_5628628858419004966_n.jpg.184a8fbf88b8d4acd6032eacd81faf55.jpg

These are fun stories to read.

I think vehicle names work best when they are given by someone else, other than yourself. My truck didn't really have a name (well maybe it did, but I can't repeat it here), until I got it back from the paint shop and I finished the interior and starting showing it. The main judge at the first car show I was in asked me what the "original" paint color was (I get that question a lot, actually) and I answered with, "[Dark Canyon Red] IS the original color." He was surprised and impressed with the deep shade of red/brown. When he got to the inside, he was equally impressed with the plush Canyon Red velour upholstery. He flashed a slight grin and said, "it looks like she is a natural red-head!" I laughed, and my wife wanted in on the joke. So I told her, and she said it looks like it belongs to a movie star, what with the shiny red paint with all of the extra Lariat "jewelry" and the swanky, bordello-style interior. Then she said, "...it looks like a truck LUCILLE BALL would own."

That is when my truck became known as "Lucille."

This has been a fun thread. Really enjoy hearing the stories. And WOW, some of you guys have some real beauties too! Lucille is a looker!!!

I jokingly refer to my 81 as "The Deuce", for two reasons. One, it is my second truck (never had two before at one time), the first one being an '06 F150. Second, because it looks like, well, you get the idea.

Lucille is a looker! The truck is nice too! :nabble_smiley_thinking: