Bullnose Forums

New user

happy to find you. I have a 1981 Bronco that I have owned since 1985 and I am planning to upgrade it. It is a California vehicle EECIII and 7200VV carb. I no longer live in California and do not want to continue with the systems required in the state. Finding parts for this vehicle is also challenging. I want to "keep it Simple". looking forward to discussions.

Welcome to our group. On replacing the EEC-III you might want to start a thread in one of the main forum areas. I will ask for a few pieces of information on your truck. Is the distributor "locked" in place, basically has a roll pin so it can't be turned, does it have the strange double rotor (two ends, one is 45° off from straight across), does it have a pickup coil in the distributor. These are things I need to know which parts it will take to change to a DS-II ignition, carb is easy, a Motorcraft 2150 is a drop on as are some Holley replacements.

Yes, welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Jim's question about where you are is so we can add you to our map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu). We just need a city or zip.

And it'll help us help you if you'll create a signature that tells us about your truck. There are instructions for that on the Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's page.

Yes, welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Jim's question about where you are is so we can add you to our map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu). We just need a city or zip.

And it'll help us help you if you'll create a signature that tells us about your truck. There are instructions for that on the Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's page.

Welcome!

Welcome Tom! :nabble_waving_orig:

Where have you moved to?

What do you plan to 'upgrade'?

Interior?

Exterior?

Ground clearance?

Power?

Hi Jim. I am a resident of South Dakota for now. Plan to settle in Topeka, Ks at some point. My Bronco is an 81 that I have owned since 1985. It is in great shape body wise. It has been in the Cali. desert it's entire life. I want to clean up the drive train, replace the 4 speed overdrive transmission with a 5 speed and get rid of the california emission control system. The interior needs some work but not bad. This will be a slow process.

Hi Jim. I am a resident of South Dakota for now. Plan to settle in Topeka, Ks at some point. My Bronco is an 81 that I have owned since 1985. It is in great shape body wise. It has been in the Cali. desert it's entire life. I want to clean up the drive train, replace the 4 speed overdrive transmission with a 5 speed and get rid of the california emission control system. The interior needs some work but not bad. This will be a slow process.

Thank you Tom!

And thank you for your service! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I understand long term goals.

Have you made a decision to go to hydraulic clutch?

This means a pedal support that doesn't fit your truck, but it does open options, like the M5OD Mazda gearbox, with it's concentric slave cylinder.

You've owned your Bronco longer than I've owned my 250!

That's saying a lot in my book. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thank you Tom!

And thank you for your service! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I understand long term goals.

Have you made a decision to go to hydraulic clutch?

This means a pedal support that doesn't fit your truck, but it does open options, like the M5OD Mazda gearbox, with it's concentric slave cylinder.

You've owned your Bronco longer than I've owned my 250!

That's saying a lot in my book. :nabble_smiley_good:

good point on the clutch. I had thought about it and done a little research a few years ago.