Bullnose Forums

Banks Power Differential Cover (Summer 2020)

Oh no, I am just kidding. The normal Sterling diff cover does take a gasket (or can use a gasket maker like Jim). The Banks one takes an O-Ring which I've never seen before on the Sterling diff covers I've looked at.

Since it's newfangled like that, I just had to throw in the Fletch line :nabble_smiley_tongue:

I still wish I had welded a couple of bungs in the new cover before I installed it.

But I'm just glad the new axle seals are doing their job.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_20201128_212829.thumb.jpg.2981a8c00e9e5f8223171b4b27881163.jpg

After a few months of waiting, this showed up on the door step. Really impressed with the build quality and this thing has some serious heft to it.

While I am swapping out the bolts to match the rest of the truck, the hardware they provide looks very nice and compliments the cover well.

After a few months of waiting, this showed up on the door step. Really impressed with the build quality and this thing has some serious heft to it.

While I am swapping out the bolts to match the rest of the truck, the hardware they provide looks very nice and compliments the cover well.

That's COOL! Or, maybe I should say it looks like it WILL cool? Either way, that's a serious piece. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 3 months later...

That's COOL! Or, maybe I should say it looks like it WILL cool? Either way, that's a serious piece. :nabble_smiley_good:

Finally installed this today. Went about like you'd expect -remove old, install new.

I really like the oring approach.

As I mentioned previously, this thing is solid and very well made. The magnetic fill and drain plugs are nice along with the sight glass.

Just want to say that this was a want item (bday and Christmas from family) and I'd question a true need for it especially in my usage. Does look pretty under there though :nabble_smiley_beam:

After filling the np435 and now this rear diff, I am also sold on the amsoil bags.

IMG_20210309_152027.jpg.2673c093919069619187ad52b3470bdf.jpg

After looking at the photo I had to double check my exhaust. While I don't care for the routing there, it's much more to the left than the photo indicates.

Finally installed this today. Went about like you'd expect -remove old, install new.

As I mentioned previously, this thing is solid and very well made. The magnetic fill and drain plugs are nice along with the sight glass.

Just want to say that this was a want item (bday and Christmas from family) and I'd question a true need for it especially in my usage. Does look pretty under there though :nabble_smiley_beam:

After filling the np435 and now this rear diff, I am also sold on the amsoil bags.

After looking at the photo I had to double check my exhaust. While I don't care for the routing there, it's much more to the left than the photo indicates.

What advantage does a bag have over a hose, Scott?

I might weld two bungs into my tin cover.

That's definitely too steep for my blood.

But, you're right! It does look nice under the truck.

Nice! That looks great Scott. Like the look of that shiny exhaust too.

Yes, it does look nice. :nabble_smiley_good:

The cover on Big Blue is natural aluminum, meaning not powder coated nor painted, and it gets grungy. So I really like the black finish. And the sight glass would give good peace of mind knowing it has lube.

But tell me more about the Amsoil bags?

Yes, it does look nice. :nabble_smiley_good:

The cover on Big Blue is natural aluminum, meaning not powder coated nor painted, and it gets grungy. So I really like the black finish. And the sight glass would give good peace of mind knowing it has lube.

But tell me more about the Amsoil bags?

Morning guys.

The bags seem to be Amsoil's default package now (maybe have been for awhile?)

svg-pk.jpg.3c207116d74fcd47a0f56d3de160406f.jpg

When ordering all I needed for the rear diff, front diff, and transmission I didn't find any significant price difference between the bags and bottles and the reviews all praised the bags.

The bags just make it easy to put your finger over the spout, bend the bag around whatever may be in the way, and empty it. The top of the bag really says it best in my experience: Less Mess, Less Waste.

Between this and a hose, it's really just convenience. In the end both can get into awkward spots. It was nice to easily grab the next bag without transferring the pump or have to let the hose drip out after.

Thanks Cory - I like the exhaust but think I am going to take it back to the shop sometime and see if this section can be routed differently. Would be nice to remove any concern of it hitting before the bump stops as well as seeing if I can get my spare back under there.

I don't see how that makes transmission fills any easier.

But I haven't tried, yet

Scott,

What's up with your brake hose? ....or axle vent, or whatever.

I can't see much on my phone but it appears pointed down to me.

Odd the exhaust shop wouldn't have had this 'true dual' stuff figured out 35 years ago when these trucks were new.

Morning guys.

The bags seem to be Amsoil's default package now (maybe have been for awhile?)

When ordering all I needed for the rear diff, front diff, and transmission I didn't find any significant price difference between the bags and bottles and the reviews all praised the bags.

The bags just make it easy to put your finger over the spout, bend the bag around whatever may be in the way, and empty it. The top of the bag really says it best in my experience: Less Mess, Less Waste.

Between this and a hose, it's really just convenience. In the end both can get into awkward spots. It was nice to easily grab the next bag without transferring the pump or have to let the hose drip out after.

Thanks Cory - I like the exhaust but think I am going to take it back to the shop sometime and see if this section can be routed differently. Would be nice to remove any concern of it hitting before the bump stops as well as seeing if I can get my spare back under there.

Morning, Scott.

Thanks for the explanation on the bags. Makes sense to me.