Bullnose Forums

Banks Power Differential Cover (Summer 2020)

If I say anything at all, let me say that over the past year I have really enjoyed the videos in the playlist. The guy can probably make any topic fun to watch.

They (3 options) are listed on the store page with an 'available Summer 2020 message'.

This is for the Sterling 10.25.

I have no experience or affiliation with any Banks Power products. I just liked the videos and good to see they are making one that will fit on at least some years of our trucks. Options are always good.

I just checked and Summit has the GM cover for $400 so guessing these will be in that ballpark... I didn't say it was a 'cheap option' :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a really fun and informative video! Gale Banks knows what he is talking about, which is quite complex, but he makes it understandable. And, he made me want one for Big Blue's 10.25 Sterling to replace the Trick Flow that's on there.

But the Trick Flow is apparently not one of the "flat back" covers of which he spoke. And, it is said to provide bearing cap support to keep the ring/pinion clearance constant. So I'd guess that the TF is an improvement over stock, but just not as good as the GB.

And, with all I have on my plate, I guess I'll stay with what I have. But, if I were buying today I'd consider the GB.

TFS-8510500_xl.thumb.jpg.d84319cc0733b7fc45f51335e5538d68.jpg

• 1 month later...

Scott,

Excuse my ignorance here, does this fit our rigs (86 460's?) The fitment tab on their site doesn't list our trucks.

Sorry if this is a simple question.

Dan

Hey Dan,

It does. I know the site only lists the diesel but I figure that's just because it's Banks.

I ordered the Black Ops so looking forward to seeing how it looks under there. Apparently I am hard to buy bday gifts for (aren't all guys?) so this will take care of that for some family members :)

You going for one?

Hey Dan,

It does. I know the site only lists the diesel but I figure that's just because it's Banks.

I ordered the Black Ops so looking forward to seeing how it looks under there. Apparently I am hard to buy bday gifts for (aren't all guys?) so this will take care of that for some family members :)

You going for one?

Definitely leaning towards getting one. My factory cover needs a new gasket...so might as well buy a super expensive part to replace everything then? At least that’s what I tell my wife. The videos from Banks are very compelling.

Definitely leaning towards getting one. My factory cover needs a new gasket...so might as well buy a super expensive part to replace everything then? At least that’s what I tell my wife. The videos from Banks are very compelling.

Gasket? It's all ball bearings...err o-rings nowadays. So you're basically saving money by not needing to buy a gasket :nabble_smiley_happy:

You are absolutely right - the man makes great videos.

Gasket? It's all ball bearings...err o-rings nowadays. So you're basically saving money by not needing to buy a gasket :nabble_smiley_happy:

There's a gasket??? :nabble_smiley_teeth:

My only gasket is The Right Stuff, but I surely wish I had a drain and fill hole back there.

Too rich for my blood though.

I can think of a lot of other things I'd spend $400 on before I got a finned cover.

Ha I said I wasn’t a car guy when I joined. :nabble_anim_crazy:

But I like the argument about it saving me money this way.

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Ha I said I wasn’t a car guy when I joined. :nabble_anim_crazy:

But I like the argument about it saving me money this way.

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Oh no, I am just kidding. The normal Sterling diff cover does take a gasket (or can use a gasket maker like Jim). The Banks one takes an O-Ring which I've never seen before on the Sterling diff covers I've looked at.

Since it's newfangled like that, I just had to throw in the Fletch line :nabble_smiley_tongue: