Bullnose Forums

Automotive AC Tools

Machspeed

You were looking for an excuse to buy tools......bet you told wifey all that too....lol!!! I know how to justify a tool purchase:nabble_smiley_wink:

But good for you! As I know now that I can rent the pump and have long needed a set of gauges, I ordered up a set of Yellow Jackets. The reviews on them were really high and the price wasn't all that bad either.

Yep, hotter in Arizona than Oklahoma but man have we had a few hot ones lately. I don't think I deal with that heat well anymore.

I got to say I was happy with the HF gauges & the vacuum pump they both did a great job.

Only thing is make sure you can hook up both the low side and high side of the gauges.

My low side screwed onto the dryer but the high side would need an adaptor to hook up.

The hose was to large for the fitting on the line at the pump.

Dave ----

I have the gauges and pump from Harbor Freight and they have been fine.

I like the ones you linked. I bought a valve for the service port and this one has one. Also bought a valve that punctures the small cans too.

I just came from HF to get gauges and look at a pump.

The gauges were for R134A only with a hard case and quick disconnects for $60,Pump was $90.

I did not get either as I wanted gauges that also do R12 and think I can get a loner pump from AZ as I cant see using a $90 pump once and have it sit.

Dave ----

Does that kit mentioned by original poster include the parts I need to re-furbish the AC on an 1986 F350? THe Ambulance had split the lines for an evaporator in the back.. so .. going to replace them with OEM style. What other parts should I replace pre-emptively? The Thermactor air pump is gone and the AC compressor is not even on a fan belt.... Who knows, might work?