Bullnose Forums

1980 F150 4x4 Flareside Project

Rembrant

Well done :nabble_anim_claps:

It feels good when you work on something and it works out dont it.

I know none of my gauges worked, did not try any lights before I pulled everything for the rebuild.

So I had nothing to lose if they did not work on first try LOL

Dave ----

Thanks gents!

Dave, it is very rewarding to drag an old heap out of the woods that 100 other people would have scrapped, and then revive it. This thing will never be a show truck...not while I own it at least, but it sure has been a cool trip with it.

Well guys the old 80 Flareside 4x4 finally made her first trip on the road in many many years...probably more than 10 from what I’m told. The truck arrived here in ‘07 and was barely driven after that, and was then parked to rot away.

First fuel fill-up and trip to the car wash, about a 25 mile round trip. Still needs a bunch of work...lights and gauges fixed and of course some rust, but she’s otherwise on the road.

Truck looks great! Love seeing it back on the roads!

Truck looks great! Love seeing it back on the roads!

What is nice about non-show trucks is you really dont worry about it like one you have put a lot of time and way to much money into.

I built mine as a driver but after waxing mine a few weeks back I have worried more about it than before and I dont know why.

Maybe because I went over every inch "wax on / wax off" and could then see just how much work I put into it to get it were it is?

First bug, of many, that hit the windshield last week taking the truck to work for 2 days, I was like :nabble_smiley_cry: :nabble_smiley_angry: because I knew it was also getting on the painted parts.

They cut back on water use here but I have 2 shows next Saturday so going to have to sneak water to wash it :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

What is nice about non-show trucks is you really dont worry about it like one you have put a lot of time and way to much money into.

I built mine as a driver but after waxing mine a few weeks back I have worried more about it than before and I dont know why.

Maybe because I went over every inch "wax on / wax off" and could then see just how much work I put into it to get it were it is?

First bug, of many, that hit the windshield last week taking the truck to work for 2 days, I was like :nabble_smiley_cry: :nabble_smiley_angry: because I knew it was also getting on the painted parts.

They cut back on water use here but I have 2 shows next Saturday so going to have to sneak water to wash it :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

Awesome job, truck looks great

Awesome job, truck looks great

Thanks!

I had the old thing out again today and it’s now working pretty good. I need to get the tires balanced in the worst way, but once moving along she does pretty good. Will be doing some body work this week fixing up the remaining rust spots and old decal shadows.

7C472F27-6927-4424-8036-7F22CEE8553D.jpeg.a1130359564ae05d9593604e78e82d08.jpeg

Thanks!

I had the old thing out again today and it’s now working pretty good. I need to get the tires balanced in the worst way, but once moving along she does pretty good. Will be doing some body work this week fixing up the remaining rust spots and old decal shadows.

Looking good!

Those big fuel trucks show up when some bullnoses are visiting!

Thanks!

Tackled some rust today. Rebuild the drivers side cab corner, three holes in the b-pillar, two holes in the a-pillar, and one in the roof. Still have to budf/compound/wax the drivers door so it will blend better.

EF40C022-856D-420C-99FA-13BA015F2B42.jpeg.a174c9557d9ff99c4e5d61179c7a7c8e.jpeg

B780F034-2838-4C8E-8BA9-57ACC3166E5E.jpeg.5d1f2b1e174bf50bf49458252459ee14.jpeg

Tackled some rust today. Rebuild the drivers side cab corner, three holes in the b-pillar, two holes in the a-pillar, and one in the roof. Still have to budf/compound/wax the drivers door so it will blend better.

Then started on the passenger front fender and b pillar, a pillar, roof, etc. There are a screw holes everywhere on this truck ugh.

84A6FEF6-7530-4189-AB13-5C339976E431.jpeg.274fd6982e5c2b8e225b69a7f84adb9e.jpeg

Man, that thing is really looking sharp! :nabble_smiley_good: