Bullnose Forums

1980 F150 4x4 Flareside Project

Rembrant

I'd be a huge seafood whore if I were in the Maritimes in summer.

PEI mussels and catch off the dock would be my everyday.

You guys had me craving fish and chips after all this seafood talk the other day...lol. As I said, I don't eat it all that often, but it sure is good when I do. This was in a small restaurant in a local hotel. "Some good" as we say around here.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Here's a picture of the donor truck that will be turned into a Bullnose. I just stopped by and paid for it last night and will likely have it picked up next week. Like everything else around here, it's a rust bucket, but I'm OK with that. I still have almost a full gallon of Ospho and lots of wire wheels and flapper disks (and wire for the Mig).

The good news...for me..

It's a factory 5.0L 5spd truck. I like that.

Short wheelbase means I don't have to shorten it.

Front and rear factory swaybars are nice (don't have to hunt for them)

3.55 geared diffs. I'll be running 31's, so I think the 3.55 gears will be a great match up.

Yes, I'm drooling as well. What kind of fish is that? My favorite is cod.

But I'm with Jim - a needle scaler would be my prefered rust remover. And even then you'll be covered in rust. Anyway, a 5.0/5-speed/short bed combo sounds like a sporty truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

But I'm with Jim - a needle scaler would be my prefered rust remover. And even then you'll be covered in rust. Anyway, a 5.0/5-speed/short bed combo sounds like a sporty truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

I haven't had a chance to try out my $30 Horrid Fate compact needle scaler, but the box says 4SCFM @ 90.

Gary,

Here in NS it's usually Haddock. Water is too warm here for Cod. Newfoundland however...all Cod, always. I don't think they'll even eat Haddock...lol.

Here's a picture of the donor truck that will be turned into a Bullnose. I just stopped by and paid for it last night and will likely have it picked up next week. Like everything else around here, it's a rust bucket, but I'm OK with that. I still have almost a full gallon of Ospho and lots of wire wheels and flapper disks (and wire for the Mig).

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n69950/IMG_2018.jpg

The good news...for me..

It's a factory 5.0L 5spd truck. I like that.

Short wheelbase means I don't have to shorten it.

Front and rear factory swaybars are nice (don't have to hunt for them)

3.55 geared diffs. I'll be running 31's, so I think the 3.55 gears will be a great match up.

Is that one of those "Nite" package trucks? The color matched grille and windshield trim make me wonder...

Is that one of those "Nite" package trucks? The color matched grille and windshield trim make me wonder...

Hey Shaun,

The truck was originally red, so I think all the black was a cover-up job at some point and time. I hope to have it home this week so I'll find out more as I clean it up.

Gary,

Here in NS it's usually Haddock. Water is too warm here for Cod. Newfoundland however...all Cod, always. I don't think they'll even eat Haddock...lol.

I've had all kinds of fish in my fish & chips, but cod is by far the best. Haddock doesn't come close. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I've had all kinds of fish in my fish & chips, but cod is by far the best. Haddock doesn't come close. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I've never had them side by side to compare, but I do like them both. I actually had fish and chips again tonight, but from a little take out shop just down the road from me. That's it, I've had my fill until 2021.

I've never had them side by side to compare, but I do like them both. I actually had fish and chips again tonight, but from a little take out shop just down the road from me. That's it, I've had my fill until 2021.

You say "take out" and not "take away" like the Brits? You guys seem to have a blend of US and Brit English, even though you are part of the Commonwealth.

You say "take out" and not "take away" like the Brits? You guys seem to have a blend of US and Brit English, even though you are part of the Commonwealth.

Gary, yes, exactly that...sort of a blend. We've hung on to some British things...we do say Zed and instead of Zee like you guys do, and some Canadians use the British term for vacation and call it going on their holidays. I call it vacation, but whatever...I can understand both...lol. I know there are others that I can't think of at the moment, but the Zee and Zed would be a very common one.

Gary, yes, exactly that...sort of a blend. We've hung on to some British things...we do say Zed and instead of Zee like you guys do, and some Canadians use the British term for vacation and call it going on their holidays. I call it vacation, but whatever...I can understand both...lol. I know there are others that I can't think of at the moment, but the Zee and Zed would be a very common one.

Interesting. What about spelling?

I like to say I'm bi-lingual and know both Brit and American English. But I'm really just very confused. If you ask me to say "A to Z" it will always come out "A to Zed" as that's the way I learned it in England, and since we rarely use that phrase it'll always to the English version. And if I have to spell something I have to think about whether to use "s" or "zed". :nabble_anim_confused: