Bullnose Forums

Red, striped and renewed

Also, there’s a black plastic hose that when from the tank to the filler - I assume it’s an air release for easier pumping? Either way, I accidentally removed it and have no idea how to put it back.

Don't know if you got it back in or not but that black plastic hose fits into a fitting both at the tank & filler neck. Its kind of a opening that it pushes into to hold it in place.

Here is a picture of the neck side, tank is the same.

20180512_103331.jpg.e2487e1676b4e0c4cd945bc61300b30a.jpg

Dave ----

Also, there’s a black plastic hose that when from the tank to the filler - I assume it’s an air release for easier pumping? Either way, I accidentally removed it and have no idea how to put it back.

Don't know if you got it back in or not but that black plastic hose fits into a fitting both at the tank & filler neck. Its kind of a opening that it pushes into to hold it in place.

Here is a picture of the neck side, tank is the same.

Dave ----

Thanks! Yeah, I just opened it up and figured it out. Appreciate that!

Thanks! Yeah, I just opened it up and figured it out. Appreciate that!

NP

I should point out that picture is of the rear tank install on my flare side, the factory never had a rear tank in 80 - 86 flare side trucks.

I used some parts from a style side dual tank truck and front flare side truck to make it work.

As you can see I used the copper to join the plastic parts together and some exh. pipe for the outer hose.

It filled great a few times but had to drop the tank because the new float went bad.

I did not want to mess with the filler hoses or the door, fresh paint and all.

So I only dropped 1 side to get to the sender and think the plastic hose moved or came loose as it is a PITA to fill now.

If I lift up and point the nozzle to the lower part of the neck it seams to fill ok.

Front tank is no problem to fill.

Dave ----