Bullnose Forums

Insurance?

Well, I went with Hagerty. I called them and they were willing to insure Big Blue for the value I came up with, which was their valuation plus what I have put into him. They didn't need my spreadsheet, but took my word for it.

But Hagerty insurance isn't for everyone. Here are some of the limitations:

• Can't be a daily driver. You have to have daily driver vehicles for the drivers in the family.

• Max of 5000 miles per year. So I'll have to be careful and limit the trips, but we were already going for something like 6500 miles with AMIG, so I think I can live with it.

• The truck has to have a garage to be stored in when not on trips.

• It isn't cheap. They are charging much more than what State Farm has been charging. But the coverage is so much better than what State Farm provides that I believe it is worth it - for something you've put a whole lot of work and money into.

Good choice, I have used Hagerty for years and been happy. Actually had a claim filed in 2011 on a Mustang and they paid accordingly and i bought the vehicle back from them

Andrew - Thanks. I have the Cherished Salvage coverage which says "For a total loss or “constructive total loss”, the salvage belongs to you." So I wouldn't have to buy it back.

Chris - No time like the present.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic