Bullnose Forums

Insurance?

Dave, I am in the USA and I live in Arizona same as Ford834. He lives out by Kingman AZ and I live by Prescott Valley AZ.

Why did I think like down under? that would be NZ no?

Never mind carry on :nabble_smiley_blush:

Yep them fancy old plates you have to watch out for and I am sure they go by state on the type of restrictions.

I guess some of the cruse inns would be out if they start late as you would be out after sun down.

Dave ----

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I am in the USA and I live in Arizona same as Ford834. He lives out by Kingman AZ and I live by Prescott Valley AZ.

Why did I think like down under? that would be NZ no?

Never mind carry on :nabble_smiley_blush:

Yep them fancy old plates you have to watch out for and I am sure they go by state on the type of restrictions.

I guess some of the cruse inns would be out if they start late as you would be out after sun down.

Dave ----

It's ok Dave, we all have those altezhimers( spelling ) moments. The good thing is that we get to meet new friends every day. We can wrap out own Christmas gifts and hide our own Easter eggs.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig::nabble_smiley_whistling:

It's ok Dave, we all have those altezhimers( spelling ) moments. The good thing is that we get to meet new friends every day. We can wrap out own Christmas gifts and hide our own Easter eggs.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig::nabble_smiley_whistling:

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I was out in the garage earlier and it was 96* when I walked in and I had all the doors open for hours before ...... yep that my story and I am sticking to it :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I was out in the garage earlier and it was 96* when I walked in and I had all the doors open for hours before ...... yep that my story and I am sticking to it :nabble_smiley_evil:

Dave ----

Got it, It was 69 when I got up at 5am. When the sun came up I went out to work on my AC in the Bronco. Around noon it hit 101. You guessed it, I am in the house enjoying some AC and will finish it after it cools down some.:nabble_smiley_good:

Got it, It was 69 when I got up at 5am. When the sun came up I went out to work on my AC in the Bronco. Around noon it hit 101. You guessed it, I am in the house enjoying some AC and will finish it after it cools down some.:nabble_smiley_good:

I was also working on the AC on my truck.

Think I got the hoses figured out but the belt is a whole other issue :nabble_anim_confused:

I just moved the truck back to the house garage and the Javelin into mine and closed it up before the storm hits and the temp was 98*+

Dave ----

Gary,

I am with Hagerty for Classic Vehicle insurance...just new to me this summer. Judging by Dave's comments above, it sounds like maybe they do things differently up here...I don't know. We also have Antique Vehicle plates which have their own set of restrictions, but the plates and insurance are not connected here at all (and I know they are in other places, even here in Canada.)

For me personally, there are a couple good and bad things about Hagerty, so my feelings are mixed at the moment, and I'm not 100% sure that I will stay with them. Over the phone they said my truck had three possible values for good, better, and best...I forget exactly what they were, but it was like $10k, $20k, and $30k. I ended up insuring it for something like $23,000 and that covers me for everything.

As for qualifying, all I really had to do was fill out a form and send them pictures of the truck.

What I don't like are the restrictions...

The way it was explained to me is that the insurance is meant for taking the vehicle to car shows, and casual drives.

They told me I could not install a trailer hitch, and I cannot haul anything in the bed. The truck cannot be used for any kind of work. Those things don't bother me as I had no plans to do any of those things anyway. However, the one catch that does bother me is that I'm not supposed to take it to my work...as in no commuting. I would rarely take it to my work, but once in a while on a sunny day I'd like to. They put a note on my file that pre-approves me for Thursday since I often take the truck out for classic car night, and it is not so far from my work. I usually DO drive the 20 miles home to get the truck, but I don't have to on Thursdays...lol.

They said traveling to a car show...even to Skiatook is no problem, as long as I let them know.

So, while I don't like the restrictions...I do like the coverage in the case the thing were to burn to the ground or get stolen.

I paid for the whole year already but I'm going to look at other options for 2021.

Gary,

If you go to the Hagerty website, you can fill in your truck information and it will generate an online appraisal with price trending, etc. That is what they use to appraise it...but anybody has access to it.

I just bumped mine up a little bit. I took the middle value and added 10% or something like that, which bumped the premium accordingly.

Gary,

If you go to the Hagerty website, you can fill in your truck information and it will generate an online appraisal with price trending, etc. That is what they use to appraise it...but anybody has access to it.

I just bumped mine up a little bit. I took the middle value and added 10% or something like that, which bumped the premium accordingly.

Cory - I've already tried to get a quote and got this: "Based on the information provided, your application does not qualify for our program at this time. If you have any questions about this result, please call us at 877.922.4951 referencing the quote number 75032187."

I told them it is an '85 F250 RCLB 4x4 w/a 460 with 360 HP, will be driven 5000 miles/year and be used for offroad & towing.

And these were the price options, and I picked Excellent/$16,000.

#1 Concours #2 Excellent #3 Good #4 Fair

$23,700 $16,000 $8,900 $4,300

I'll call them on Monday and see what the deal is.

Gary,

Interested in this also. I looked into a few options but since Camano is my daily driver, none of them really worked out. Ended up sticking with progressive but added a stated value for the truck. Sadly it made the insurance $10 higher (6mo) than my wife's 2020 Explorer :nabble_smiley_sad:

Interested in this also. I looked into a few options but since Camano is my daily driver, none of them really worked out. Ended up sticking with progressive but added a stated value for the truck. Sadly it made the insurance $10 higher (6mo) than my wife's 2020 Explorer :nabble_smiley_sad:

The Hagerty site isn't making any sense to me. It didn't give me any place to discuss some rather expensive options, like the new ZF5 and the D60 up front. They are just assuming it is a box stock '85 F250.

I'm really confused. Years ago I remember having talked with an insurance company that wanted to know all of those details. I'm going to have to do some more research.