Bullnose Forums

My 86 Bullnose - "Blackie"

Machspeed

Yes, wonderful job! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

As said nice job.

Did you wet the floor down? It would also keep the dust & dirt down.

I also covered everything in my garage with sheets of plastic from about 8 feet up the walls to the floor as I had a work bench down 1 wall that I cleaned the best I could but knew it still held a lot of dirt.

The other wall had 3 stacks of tires & wheels and a bunch of other stuff I had no place to put.

Dave ----

As said nice job.

Did you wet the floor down? It would also keep the dust & dirt down.

I also covered everything in my garage with sheets of plastic from about 8 feet up the walls to the floor as I had a work bench down 1 wall that I cleaned the best I could but knew it still held a lot of dirt.

The other wall had 3 stacks of tires & wheels and a bunch of other stuff I had no place to put.

Dave ----

Hey thanks for the Kudos, fellas! I'm pretty pleased with it. Still have to cut and buff it. Would hate to have paid someone else to do this for me too! Quality autobody work is expensive.

Dave, it being up so high, really didn't need to wet the floor down. I actually blew off the ceiling and everything up high though. Crap just floats in the air. I regret not wiping it down one last time before shooting the clear, but it will buff out nicely.

I covered everything in my shop except my compressor. The primers and basecoat are never a problem, it's the clear that gets on everything. It is a mess! When I go to paint the Mustang, I will be building me a makeshift paint booth. Still figuring out how I'm gonna do that, as I need incoming and outgoing air.

• 2 weeks later...

Love that truck man. I want a roll bar like you had on the back for Brutus.

Thank you, brother! And to think I almost sold it too. I can tell you now, I would have regretted it and had I seen it out and about, it would have hurt. Weird, I know.

I pulled the roll bar and all the chrome stuff as it was cheap, rusting, and looked tacky in its rusting state. And, as I've grown older, I like it better without all that stuff.

Can you believe I had huge propane tank back there too. Sat right between that roll bar. When I was in the Air Force, stationed in Altus Oklahoma, propane at that time was dirt cheap. Gas was going up and with propane at 39 cents per gallon from the local Co-Op, it was a no brainer. I could fill that tank up and drive my truck for a month. Moreover, it idled sooooo smooth and the oil during oil changes looked incredibly clean.

Thank you, brother! And to think I almost sold it too. I can tell you now, I would have regretted it and had I seen it out and about, it would have hurt. Weird, I know.

I pulled the roll bar and all the chrome stuff as it was cheap, rusting, and looked tacky in its rusting state. And, as I've grown older, I like it better without all that stuff.

Can you believe I had huge propane tank back there too. Sat right between that roll bar. When I was in the Air Force, stationed in Altus Oklahoma, propane at that time was dirt cheap. Gas was going up and with propane at 39 cents per gallon from the local Co-Op, it was a no brainer. I could fill that tank up and drive my truck for a month. Moreover, it idled sooooo smooth and the oil during oil changes looked incredibly clean.

This past weekend, I cut and buffed the roof on my truck. As usual, I'm not one hundred percent happy with it. I made a couple of lazy stupid mistakes that cost me, mistakes I won't make again. For the most part, it looks pretty good, but it could have been near prefect. As the rear window was removed, I also cleaned up, sanded, sealed, and painted the pinch weld and, for lack of proper nomenclature, the glass channel.

Roof_1.thumb.jpg.1b4c935f133c4ca1f23e7e4fd8dceca9.jpgRoof_2.thumb.jpg.88e5ea851ba580e7bca6e1cf37698182.jpg

Rear_Window.thumb.jpg.5fb53ee2c264ec72a7eac5ef5427420d.jpg

This past weekend, I cut and buffed the roof on my truck. As usual, I'm not one hundred percent happy with it. I made a couple of lazy stupid mistakes that cost me, mistakes I won't make again. For the most part, it looks pretty good, but it could have been near prefect. As the rear window was removed, I also cleaned up, sanded, sealed, and painted the pinch weld and, for lack of proper nomenclature, the glass channel.

John - That looks awesome!!! I am impressed! :nabble_anim_claps: