Bullnose Forums

It’s the little things...

For as long as I have had this truck the tailgate has been an issue.. the handle was wonky and would not release the latches.. it was stiff and sticky. The cables were rusted too. Worst of all, the handle would sometimes be pulled too far and the roller would pop over the lever resulting in a lot of faffing to reset..

Anyhow. New cables, rods, handle and retainers all popped in yesterday and now the tailgate opens and closes with ease. Not to mention the handle sits straight!

Like I said, it’s the little things...

BCE24B2F-19D6-4E4E-A9F5-3BC770879041.jpeg.eb6a661253d6b76c26c1ea4f9e15acc1.jpeg

Very cool! That's great!

I would just go out and open it once in awhile!

I took mine apart and straightened things in the handle because it would come apart as you mentioned. Put on new rod holders.

Then I put on a topper with doors and the tailgate is in the garage behind my toolbox.

Very cool! That's great!

I took mine apart and straightened things in the handle because it would come apart as you mentioned. Put on new rod holders.

Then I put on a topper with doors and the tailgate is in the garage behind my toolbox.

What do they say, its not a tail gate if not held in place with chains :nabble_smiley_happy:

Nice job on fixing the gate handle.

I know if it was me and I had issues and could not fix it the gate handle the gate would be removed.

Dave ----

ps at least you have a tail gate I have none :nabble_smiley_cry:

Very cool! That's great!

So it’s not just me... I did pop out a few times and just open and close it... smiling away...

Then I gave the wife a lesson on how to open and close it too. She was excited she could manage it !

Then there was the dog... he jumped up there and loved it!!

7154D757-039F-4E06-AAB6-743E1A96A36E.thumb.jpeg.3c302cb83e8c9b984237ea80326d9ca6.jpeg

0C9B56F1-8B4E-470D-B188-CCCBC6C7CC72.thumb.jpeg.c754ec0c58c135b6f6a31e7fc0d86649.jpeg

So it’s not just me... I did pop out a few times and just open and close it... smiling away...

Then I gave the wife a lesson on how to open and close it too. She was excited she could manage it !

Then there was the dog... he jumped up there and loved it!!

It is amazing to me how dogs love to be in the back of trucks. Wives, not so much. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, it certainly is the little things that make us smile. Well done!