Bullnose Forums

4180c Carb.

I would like to keep everything pretty much stock but that 4180c carb has had a fire on it once and where the gas goes in that has been cracked and epoxied by some one. The question can some of the snake pit of vacuum line be removed safely, which vacuum lines are really needed or is it best to put all new ones on. And is there a carb to replace a Holly 4180c 4V because I never liked rebuild kits, not even in a lawn mower. After reading up on the Air cleaner I realize how important it is when hooked up right

Doug, would you like this post moved to the main forum?

Do you have visual emissions testing in your area?

Do you intend to keep the EGR functional, or change your distributor curve to work without it?

Years back I converted to a Holley 0-80457-S.

Mine is not set up for speed control or automatic transmission kick down.

I still have it in a box on the shelf, it was gone through with a genuine Holley kit not long before that.

Doug, would you like this post moved to the main forum?Do you have visual emissions testing in your area?Do you intend to keep the EGR functional, or change your distributor curve to work without it?Years back I converted to a Holley 0-80457-S.Mine is not set up for speed control or automatic transmission kick down.I still have it in a box on the shelf, it was gone through with a genuine Holley kit not long before that.
Sorry I didn't get right back to you, I am checking on the emissions, I do know Phoenix is pretty tough on emissions and it has been a long time since I have been through the long lines. I am going to get some paperwork from ADOT and I will get back to you. Thanks
Doug Schouten

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 12:18 AM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

On the float bowl (part the gas goes in) you may be able to get a replacement from Holley if no where else. Once you do find out on the emission requirements, what engine is it and year, I have most if not all of the vacuum diagrams.

I needed once upon a time to replace my front bowl because the threads had pulled out. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Was able to get it through the Lincoln-Mercury dealer.

But according to my parts counter guy they have been long obsoleted and there are none in the Ford parts system.

Ill try to find a Holley number for the OEM part.