Bullnose Forums

1984 F-150 302 Windsor 2WD - "Old Red"

JMUBullnose

I just bend the fender liner a bit and reach up to pull them out.

Then I flush it out with a hose

Oh okay, cool. You flushing from above or below?

Sometimes it takes both!

Usually I pull out what I can and flush down each side of the cowl plenum.

When I did it back in August I decided to leave the drains off.

There are pics if you can find where a changed my wiper motor.

Not the heat, just the blower.

The slower the speed the hotter the wire gets. 😲

Yep. My first Bullnose did that to me. Nice crisp autumn day and I took my wife for a ride. Turned on the heat and wondered who was burning leaves. Then I realized there wasn't anyone w/in a mile. It was US!

As soon as I read this - a smell I noticed earlier in the day just made sense! Maybe I crisped a few leaves after all.

Not the heat, just the blower.

The slower the speed the hotter the wire gets. 😲

Yep. My first Bullnose did that to me. Nice crisp autumn day and I took my wife for a ride. Turned on the heat and wondered who was burning leaves. Then I realized there wasn't anyone w/in a mile. It was US!

As soon as I read this - a smell I noticed earlier in the day just made sense! Maybe I crisped a few leaves after all.

Yep, I'll bet you did. Doesn't take many leaves as they like to hang out where it is warm. And those resistors get WARM! From there it is a direct shot into the cab, so you smell it immediately.

Sometimes it takes both!

Usually I pull out what I can and flush down each side of the cowl plenum.

When I did it back in August I decided to leave the drains off.

There are pics if you can find where a changed my wiper motor.

Yup - found the post. Thanks for doing that! I'm going to do it this weekend.

Permalink to the Cowl Removal (Is this thing in the DIY section?)

Yep, I'll bet you did. Doesn't take many leaves as they like to hang out where it is warm. And those resistors get WARM! From there it is a direct shot into the cab, so you smell it immediately.

Indeed - I look forward to keeping the leaves out from here on out!

Gary - do you know if the speedo cable is supposed to be 'free floating' in the engine cavity? I think that's what has been making a slapping noise when I'm at speed - the noise sounds like it's in front of the firewall and slapping the fender liner. I didn't see any obvious hooks that it should run through.

Indeed - I look forward to keeping the leaves out from here on out!

Gary - do you know if the speedo cable is supposed to be 'free floating' in the engine cavity? I think that's what has been making a slapping noise when I'm at speed - the noise sounds like it's in front of the firewall and slapping the fender liner. I didn't see any obvious hooks that it should run through.

Usually the speedo cable is constrained by all the wiring and brake lines around it. But I don't think there's anything it is supposed to fasten to. So it could slap other things if nothing is constraining it. You might loosely zip tie it to some wires or brake lines.

Usually the speedo cable is constrained by all the wiring and brake lines around it. But I don't think there's anything it is supposed to fasten to. So it could slap other things if nothing is constraining it. You might loosely zip tie it to some wires or brake lines.

Good to know Gary - there's definitely some room. Now to start figuring out some of the random vacuum hoses I've found plugged off (one underneath the carb coming from the intake confuses me). Looking at the vacuum diagrams...maybe I found it.

Good to know Gary - there's definitely some room. Now to start figuring out some of the random vacuum hoses I've found plugged off (one underneath the carb coming from the intake confuses me). Looking at the vacuum diagrams...maybe I found it.

Don't know what you found, but we have some 302 vacuum diagrams here: Documentation/Underhood/Vacuum Diagrams/302. But that may not include yours. If you know or can find the calibration code I can probably find the right diagram.