Bullnose Forums

1984 F-150 302 Windsor 2WD - "Old Red"

JMUBullnose

Some people glue screen on the underside of their cowl.

Some people use an '87-90 cowl that has dots instead of slots.

I like the idea of attaching a screen! I didn't even notice resistor while in there. It was probably close, leaves were packed to the right in the bottom of the core housing (heater core).

I also discovered how the shop 'set my vents to floor/defrost' to pass safety inspection (prior to putting antique plates on). I found a vacuum line hanging under the dash with machine screw stuffed in it. Reconnected it to the blend door motor and voila.

Now I need to order a replacement female connector for the truck side connection for the blower motor. The new plug won't fully seat - now I know why my grandfather reconnected the old connector.

I like the idea of attaching a screen! I didn't even notice resistor while in there. It was probably close, leaves were packed to the right in the bottom of the core housing (heater core).

I also discovered how the shop 'set my vents to floor/defrost' to pass safety inspection (prior to putting antique plates on). I found a vacuum line hanging under the dash with machine screw stuffed in it. Reconnected it to the blend door motor and voila.

Now I need to order a replacement female connector for the truck side connection for the blower motor. The new plug won't fully seat - now I know why my grandfather reconnected the old connector.

Peeled more layers back on the onion...

0203201617.jpg.30371d0af93f1b37f25b252d6d5553f8.jpg

While checking on the choke I discovered that one of the leads coming off this port on the intake was blocked off, no idea where it should go to.

I also verified that the choke heater is electric, the inlet that is cast there is plugged. However there's a second vacuum port next to it that is capped off.

Not sure what to make of that yet. Then I moved over to the Driver's side to look at these three connections.

0203201638.jpg.f6dc34b18420177bee3c9a5c669892de.jpg

Any ideas on what they connect to? I've got two female leads and one random male lead. One of the female connections come from the assembly to the top right, which I thought might've been the cruise control but don't think so.

Also is the speedo cable supposed to be loose in the bay, no retainer to hold it against the fender wall or firewall? I think I've finally discovered what was occasionally making a slapping noise that changed with speed of the truck!

Follow the leads from the blower motor.

You'll see them lead to a small hollow or red board screwed into the plenum near the blower.

Remove the two screws and you'll see the filaments and thermal fuse that project into the airflow in the plenum.

You'll see them lead to a small hollow or red board screwed into the plenum near the blower.

Remove the two screws and you'll see the filaments and thermal fuse that project into the airflow in the plenum.

Okay then, I got really lucky. The leaves were PACKED into that area. Guess I haven't used heat much. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Okay then, I got really lucky. The leaves were PACKED into that area. Guess I haven't used heat much. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Not the heat, just the blower.

The slower the speed the hotter the wire gets. 😲

Yep. My first Bullnose did that to me. Nice crisp autumn day and I took my wife for a ride. Turned on the heat and wondered who was burning leaves. Then I realized there wasn't anyone w/in a mile. It was US!

Yep. My first Bullnose did that to me. Nice crisp autumn day and I took my wife for a ride. Turned on the heat and wondered who was burning leaves. Then I realized there wasn't anyone w/in a mile. It was US!

If you pull the kick panels on the drivers side and passenger side, there are panels under there that IIRC would be for vents on non A/C trucks.

I found debris up to the panels!

If you pull the kick panels on the drivers side and passenger side, there are panels under there that IIRC would be for vents on non A/C trucks.

And of course, the cowl drains behind the front wheel wells, on either side of the firewall.

Yikes - Sounds like I need to put a screen in the cowl this weekend and also pull the kick panels. I have a feeling it's packed with tiny locust tree leaves.