Bullnose Forums

AC Rebuilding Quesion?

Congrat's!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

So, you'd stopped at ~2 cans and it took 5? I'll bet that made a huge difference. :nabble_smiley_good:

I stopped at 3 because that was all the cans I bought the first round and because I thought I seen it posted 2.5 cans is what it took.

After messing with the system and understanding how it all works then seeing the charts it gave me something to go by.

That is why I did the 2.5 cans of freon as that is what I had to go by.

Dave ----

Congrat's!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

So, you'd stopped at ~2 cans and it took 5? I'll bet that made a huge difference. :nabble_smiley_good:

I stopped at 3 because that was all the cans I bought the first round and because I thought I seen it posted 2.5 cans is what it took.

After messing with the system and understanding how it all works then seeing the charts it gave me something to go by.

That is why I did the 2.5 cans of freon as that is what I had to go by.

Dave ----

Update:

I picked up a temp probe to measure the temp out of the duct.

This was taken fan on high, MAX setting in vent to the right when sitting in the drivers seat.

OAT was 90*f

Driving between 45 & 48 MPH in over drive

RPM 1200 to 1300

The lowest temp I got was 51.6 as I had some lights to stop for where the temp went up to 53.7

IIRC the chart had a temp of 50 - 55 with OAT of 90*f

A spread of 40* I think is pretty good.

Dave ----

Update:

I picked up a temp probe to measure the temp out of the duct.

This was taken fan on high, MAX setting in vent to the right when sitting in the drivers seat.

OAT was 90*f

Driving between 45 & 48 MPH in over drive

RPM 1200 to 1300

The lowest temp I got was 51.6 as I had some lights to stop for where the temp went up to 53.7

IIRC the chart had a temp of 50 - 55 with OAT of 90*f

A spread of 40* I think is pretty good.

Dave ----

Yep, that's pretty good. :nabble_smiley_good: But I'll bet it is colder on the vents on the passenger's side as they are closer to the evap.

Yep, that's pretty good. :nabble_smiley_good: But I'll bet it is colder on the vents on the passenger's side as they are closer to the evap.

But harder to see the numbers on the probe with my good eyes :nabble_anim_blbl:

I will see if I can get a reading from over there.

Dave ----

But harder to see the numbers on the probe with my good eyes :nabble_anim_blbl:

I will see if I can get a reading from over there.

Dave ----

This is mine at an idle, 101 outside, 50% humidity with 36 ounces of R134 and an ounce and a half of pag 150 oil. High pressure guage at 250, low pressure guage at 35 psi, no fan blowing into the grill, just the engine fan pulling air through the condinser and radiator.AC_temp1.jpg.f50df85cb03a6c6e62a685f412101ffa.jpgac2.jpg.9500131f6e4c3a8e6fc99c081dc04214.jpgac3.jpg.d9ccbc56829f22288ebf1826c29f2a86.jpgac5.jpg.c41b915626c83560204430bb8a09610d.jpg